Ad Operations Manager
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow.
The Digital Operations Manager is primarily responsible for the end-to-end management of all digital campaigns across relevant Wavemaker Global Solutions EMEA clients. They will own the digital advertising technology stack and provides technical leadership, management, strategic direction and day-to-day support to the Analytics & Insight team as well as the Digital and Client Leadership teams. The key objectives of this role are to:
- Support the Digital Operations leadership team to ensure all team services, knowledge and capabilities meet client Wavemaker CS needs and is a key escalation point for all stakeholders
- Provide understanding of all operational processes and tools utilised to fulfil client services
- Manage key accounts and is a pointy of escalation, leadership and knowledge to all clients
- Evolve skills, services and capabilities of the team, ensuring best in class services for clients
- Act as coach & mentor for team members ensuring team culture & a high feedback cycle
- Drives an agile working methodology and continual evolution of team strategy and services
- Crucial in the smooth running of BAU services & new projects for the WM CS accounts
- Ensures flexible, expert, best in class operational and technical services and leadership to enable continued development and success of the team and the wider organisation.
- Lead and enable a best in class system of Digital Technology efficient processes and tools, both in-house and 3rd party including, but not limited to: tagging and tracking technologies, web analytics strategies, ensuring accuracy in data collection and technology
- Build & maintain a best in class knowledge system of industry digital technical knowledge for reference and to enable thought leadership throughout the business
- Manage a flexible Service Level Agreement system with all internal stakeholders and challenge perceptions of effective media implementation, tools and systems
- Developing an understanding of the client business, marketplace and implementation requirements of Wavemaker whilst maintaining an enterprising and proactive attitude in all client dealings
- Providing the Digital Operations team with a consistent system of digital technical knowledge training
- Lead partnerships with stakeholders & vendors to deliver new technologies and services for clients
- Lead specialist tools & services, including: tagging / tracking technologies, web analytics, etc
- Key escalation point and champion of team services for all stakeholders throughout the business
- Manage, coach and mentor and all Executives in the team to ensure they fulfil their potential
- Lead & maintain a system of performance review, feedback & training for all team members
- Lead & inspire a high performing, customer service centric team culture, including supporting a strong work-life balance and recognising the successes of team members / peers regularly
- Lead relevant projects and product launches as per the team strategy and business needs
- Understand and apply the technologies of Wavemaker and our industry to team services
- Experience working within a media agency or publisher, data and technology industry or technology vendor
- Team leader and people management in an operations or media environment
- Passion for digital online operations and relevant technology solutions
- 2+ years digital online / ad operations / technical operations experience in a publisher, agency or technology vendor environment
- Knowledge of Ad-servers from a Publisher or Advertiser side
- Knowledge of TMS and Web Analytics
- Investigation, documentation and resolution of technical issues
- Excel skills - familiarity with the basics of data manipulation and reporting
- Sizmek, DoubleClick ad serving certification, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics or Tag management system certifications would be advantageous
- Passionate – brings a genuine thrill and excitement to the role
- Agile – is able to be nimble in thought and action and overcome obstacles to achieve great things
- Collaborative – works well with others, and can align behind a shared purpose
- Entrepreneurial – is open to new ideas, and will challenge old ones.
- Diverse – is proud of the difference they can bring
- Proactive, pragmatic and results focused approach to all tasks and projects with the ability to challenge and change the current state as required
- Possess a passion for problem solving, an eye for detail, patience and a highly motivated “can-do” attitude
- Excellent organisational, communication, leadership, management, team working and prioritisation skills
- Ability to coach, mentor and train personnel to develop skills and empower
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.