Data Platforms (Solutions) Manager
The Data Platforms (Solutions) team is the bedrock of the Data and Technology department, it provides the foundations to the tools that are used to generate insight across all of Wavemaker’s clients, by bringing data together in a single, easy to access place.
The Data Platforms Manager’s role can broadly be split into two key areas of responsibility:
Firstly, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining and developing our existing end-to-end data solution for a number of agency clients. This includes data acquisition from 3rd party platforms, enterprise-level ETL, SQL Server data warehouse schema and SQL Server OLAP cubes, all the way through to supporting the end client data delivery (data quality, ad-hoc cube queries etc.). You would need to work according to development and data quality standards specified by the Data Platforms Director and act as a champion of standards ways of working and data governance. You will work with other members of Data and Technology teams to assist in expanding our existing technology stack, integrating with global architectures and adopting standard solutions to fit with client requirements.
Secondly, you would be clients and accounts team first point of contact when it comes to Data, providing subject matter expertise on Wavemaker and client-specific data questions and ideas. You will immerse yourself in clients’ structures and teams and will build great understanding of their business as well as strong relationships with the client themselves. You will not only work with client requirements, but you will look for opportunities to make better use of client data and implement ways of turning that data into valuable insight.
• Own the operational processes that support the smooth running of client Data Platforms offering; improve and support SSIS packages, providing internal consultancy to resolve issues
• Help grow Data Platforms capacity; working with the Data Platforms Director to address competing requests from internal stakeholders, prioritising the project pipeline. Split time between development, business analysis, product & project management and administrative work
• Support the rest of Data and Technology and account teams in identifying opportunities to automate processes across the business with a view to realising efficiency and new revenue streams
• Work closely with the internal teams to ensure the day to day is run efficiently and effectively, with appropriate level of support and communication
• Collaborate openly and effectively with all other functions within the integrated client team to ensure that Data is integrated, understood and practiced, by everyone involved
• Champion standard ways of working and data governance both within internal and external teams
• Experience in data management, specifically in development context (version control, testing, documentation, deployment processes)
• Hold a degree or demonstrate background in computer science and/or data architecture
• Able to demonstrate strong business analysis skills – the ability to understand and clearly articulate client requirements and translate them into a solution . As part of this, you must be very familiar with a range of development considerations (APIs, batch transfer formats, error handling, etc.)
• Demonstrate experience in at least one programming language; preferably Python, C#.Strong expertise in data solution architecture, preferably based around Microsoft technologies (SQL Server, SSIS, Analysis Services, SharePoint etc.)
• Be fluent in TSQL concepts and syntax, display a solid understanding of ETL processing, with significant experience in SSIS
• Have absolute attention to detail, be highly organized and thorough
• Some understanding of digital advertising and associated technological principles
• Have a good understanding of cloud computing (AWS, Azure, GCP) and big data technologies
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.