International - Technology Partnerships Planner - Mediacom BLINK
Technology is changing the way in which our clients and their customers interact. Presenting both opportunities and threats that marketers are not always equipped to address. As holders of large digital budget allocations and large resource pools we are often the first point of contact to qualify and guide technology decisions that are increasingly moving beyond media alone.
We have developed an offering for our clients helping them to navigate the burgeoning scene of start-ups and accelerators that are fostering opportunities for corporations to advance their digital agenda. Within this new team we have a vacancy for a Technology Planner.
As a technology planner you will become active in the sourcing and activation of relevant start-ups that fit pre-determined success criteria. You will research and source technologies that match client needs. You will also be involved in project work to advance our offering in new directions as they become relevant to our client’s needs.
Our Planners are responsible for the day to day running of key pilots, and supporting the wider team across both repeat and project based work that ensures the effective operational delivery of Mediacom’s BLINK technology consultancy offering. Planners ensure client objectives are understood, service levels remain high, and client expectations are met alongside leadership remit.
The role requires an understanding of technology trends and how they are shaping the future of communications. Understanding of marketing and technology principles, how marketing campaigns work cross market, plus an advanced analytic aptitude. It requires an ability to be highly motivated, numerate and articulate, both when speaking to clients, writing documents and analysing results. It requires innovative thinking and proactivity to push the opportunities of the brief you’re given. Thinking always about solutions and what’s possible to achieve successful outcomes.
The Technology Planner will work with the Digital Strategist whose role it is to work with the client (Coca-Cola European Partners) to decide on brief direction and oversee team output. The success of the programme will help guide the wider BLINK product offering, which has trebled in team size over the past 18 months.
The appointment will be for a six month period, with a view to a permanent role at MediaCom.
Job TitleTechnology PlannerReporting ToDigital Strategist
Department BLINK (CCEP)Group/Level2
Objectives of the Role:
The successful candidate will strategically source relevant start-ups that solve for our clients briefs, and run pilots with the assistance of wider team. They will become active in the communities of start-ups and become an effective networker to research and proactively seek out new opportunities for our clients. They will keep abreast of industry trends and conditions that may impact opportunities, devising new ideas to refine and improve our wider client business strategies. Over time they will become confident to propose advancements and new initiatives for the success of client and tech team.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
1. Strategic Skills
- Ensuring that tech best practice and frameworks are adhered to, and be able to demonstrate continued evolution of product and account
- Develop an advanced understanding of the role of technology in the digital and media mix, its strategic importance to solving business problems
- Work with the team to isolate and priorities sources for start-ups
- Contact start-ups and engage them into the Mediacom client opportunity fostering deep relationships
- Assist in the creation of project plans and proposals for the delivery of client engagements
- Sense check the work of the team as requested and augment with your ideas and opportunities to make for stronger products to our clients
- Provide insights proactively on what is being uncovered in the ecosystem your exposed to bringing that knowledge back to the team and proactively sharing that through the department
- Demonstrate confidence and clarity in communicating with the team, clients and start-up communities
- Identify new initiatives and opportunities that solve for clients briefs including project work you are assigned that takes our offering in new directions
- Improve knowledge of client business to ensure greater appreciation of the technology ecosystem and the start-up communities that can benefit their business
- Keep abreast of any developments in the technology market
- Gain and develop experience in wider media as it intersects with technology
- Deliver pilots with start-ups offering guidance to all parties for the smooth delivery by ensuring all parties are informed of progress and or road blocks in an ongoing way
2. Client Account Management
- Manage client/relationships on set pilots. Insure that client and agency aspirations are aligned and regularly assessed
- To act as a representative of BLINK and MediaCom at all times. To build relationships throughout the company, work with wider teams to identify opportunity for client growth
- Build and sustain professional and collaborative working relationships with clients
3. Operating and Technical Requirements
- The effective day to day running of designated pilots and stakeholders within pilots. Support from project managers and wider team as required
- Ensuring that pilot direction and strategic imperatives of the wider program are adhered to
- Have the ability to research and compile lists of suitable technology partners that will fulfill our clients requirements
- Curate demo days to expose start-ups to the Mediacom business
- Be responsible for administration of the start-ups into our database and for the writing of reviews to ensure quality control is advancing on who are the best in class providers
- Be responsible for accurate daily, weekly and monthly reporting and commentary for clients in the delivery of pilot campaigns.
4. People Management
- Clearly outline tasks and objectives with leads, with specific deliverables and timelines for progression
- Learn from the senior team in order to understand how the team and processes are handled
- Diarise weekly ‘WIP’ catch-ups, and regular task reviews with wider team
- Highlight great team work, and client initiatives. Demonstrate examples of best practice to the wider team, and contribute to department and wider agency PR and communications.
- Ensure your weekly time sheets, holiday/sickness forms, CPD Logs and training plans are kept up to date
o Support in the development of content for new business pitches as required
Key Performance Indicators:
- Client: deliver excellent pilots, with direction from leaders, free from errors and delivering against campaign objectives and achieve high client satisfaction scores across accounts
- People: become a team player supporting and growing your skill set to become a future leader
- Revenue: contribute towards the achievement of account/function revenue targets (to be agreed)
- Growth: support the team to win new business and support future client growth (growth target to be agreed)
• Personal development: Positive My360 feedback from manager, peers and clients (where appropriate)
Indicates the preferred background knowledge required e.g. a minimum period of experience in a defined area of work It outlines the required previous knowledge of the industry/sector.
It is expected that candidates will have had some experience within a either a tech role or at a media agency – ideally a combination of the two. If both capabilities are not reflected in the current role – we will favour candidates who show personal aptitude for tech or applied use of technology in their current media role. However, candidates with both skillsets will have a greater chance of selection.
A level of self-management would be expected within the role – ideally some client facing experience,
Skills and Experience
What experience and/or achievement in a field, profession or a specialisation is required.
Excellent project management skills
Strong attention to detail
Effective and efficient working style
Academically minded, analytical and can translate analysis into everyday consumable language
Technical yet service industry suited with the potential to develop into client leadership and staff management roles
Education, Qualification, Training
Indicates the level and type of education required or the professional qualifications and/or specific (internal) occupational training needed.
Ideally degree educated in a business, numerical, analytical, engineering or economics background
Highly numerate and analytical
Excellent written & verbal English language skills/grammar; a strong communicator.
Indicate what skills specific to the job are required, e.g. PowerPoint skills, payroll skills, etc.
Professional level knowledge of PowerPoint & excel
Basic level knowledge digital and digital media
Language skills desired
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.