Effectiveness Lead - Econometrics
Wavemaker IQ is a hybrid analytics and planning team focused on providing planning solutions to clients routed in data and statistical analysis. The two main parts of Wavemaker IQ are Wavemaker Econometrics IQ which focuses on understanding the drivers of a client’s sales and Wavemaker Vitality IQ which focuses on understanding the drivers of a client’s brand health. These 2 products allow us to provide recommendations that drive tangible business improvements to our clients. Wavemaker IQ works with a broad range of clients of different scales and industry sectors from large complex advertisers such as Compare the Market through to smaller regional advertisers such as c2c trains. Additionally, Wavemaker IQ looks after a number of other analytics solutions including advanced digital attribution and TV analysis to provide further insight to aid client planning.
The Effectiveness Lead role will be responsible for leading modelling projects from initial client brief through to debrief working alongside the WM IQ Manager. This includes:
- Identifying opportunities for Wavemaker IQ products across the Wavemaker client base
- Scoping and selling in projects to clients
- Managing the data collection process
- Creation of models alongside the WM IQ Manager
- Analysis of modelling outputs and creation of client debrief presentations
- Provision of any ongoing support to the client or Wavemaker teams as a result of the modelling
In addition to the individual projects, the Effectiveness Lead will also support in providing analytics solutions for new business efforts and be responsible, along with the Head of WM IQ, of shaping the future product roadmap for Wavemaker IQ.
- Modelling projects:
- Liaise with Wavemaker teams and client to identify opportunities for Wavemaker IQ analysis
- Work with Wavemaker teams and client to scope out the remit for projects including data requirements, timelines, key deliverables and costings
- Work with WM IQ Manager to gather and collate data sets for modelling projects and co-ordinate collection of data from other Wavemaker teams, clients or 3rd parties
- Work with WM IQ Manager to create models that are both statistically robust and also represent an accurate reflection of performance drivers
- Work with Head of WM IQ to produce client debriefs that identify key performance trends over time and opportunities for optimization
- Active role in debriefs to clients of key insights from the modelling
- Provision of any ongoing support as agreed within the client scope of work
- New business:
- Provide support to new business teams to identify where modelling can be used to improve understanding of the client brief, their business dynamics and/or opportunities for growth and optimization
- Product development:
- Identify new opportunities to leverage statistical modelling to improve client understanding of marketing performance
- Work with wider TAPP community to identify areas of integration of the Wavemaker IQ products with other analytics and data solutions offered by Wavemaker
- Work with technology specialists to identify opportunities to automate key parts of the modelling process to improve output
- Alongside the Head of WM IQ, manage the forecasting process for Wavemaker IQ working with other teams to ensure consistency in forecasts across the business
- Oversee the billing process for Wavemaker IQ projects to ensure that they are billed on time and correctly
- Team Management:
- Lead and line manage the WM IQ Manager.
- Resource planning – ensure appropriate / contracted team is in place
- Ongoing development of wider team’s understanding of the Wavemaker IQ products and their uses
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with statistical modelling with a focus on marketing modelling projects
- Comfortable with a range of technical detail, being able to convey these to non-technical partners
- Expert Excel skills
- Passionate interest in statistical modelling and desire to grow skill set
- Entrepreneurial approach focused on identifying new solutions for clients
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.