Management Accountant - Fully Qualified
GroupM serve as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, MediaCom, MindShare, Essence and M/SIX.
Our primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities.
The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right, with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
About the Role
The main purpose of our Management Accountant role is to prepare the monthly management accounts for reporting to both GroupM management and WPP group (EMEA).
This requires detailed variance analysis and exception reporting. The Management Accountant will update the rolling forecast and feed into the annual budgeting process through the application of Business Partnering skills. To be successful in this role, engagement with various parts of the business is required, often at different levels of seniority.
Month-end process/ year-end & variance analysis
- Calculation of accruals & prepayments of income, costs and inter-company, using IFRS principles. Prepare and post journals
- Prepare monthly Management Accounts reconciled to TB
- Monthly variance analysis (by comparing to budget/forecast) and exception reporting
- Monthly & quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
- Action any queries post month-end; i.e AP mis-posting etc.
- Assist with the SOX and year-end audit by providing all relevant information to the auditors
- Preparation of monthly inter-company billing schedules for inter-company billing team to bill.
- Update & maintain fixed assets, post & reconcile fixed asset register
- Monthly analysis of aged debtor & creditor reports for monthly reporting
Group / WPP reporting
- Upload and publish internal, management & external TB’s into Cartesis
- Liaise with EMEA to resolve reporting queries
- Submit commentaries to EMEA on a monthly basis
- Deal with EMEA’s new reporting requirements
- Prepare and submit quarterly packages (CSR. Client profitability, Letter of rep and questionnaire, Local books to Cartesis, Other assets and liabilities, deferred revenue)
- Prepare and submit the year-end packages
Annual budgeting & rolling forecast
- Collecting inputs from department heads to feed into the rolling forecast and annual budgeting processes
- Supporting Finance Manager with the preparation of the annual budgets
- Business partnering through engagement with business on a regular basis including face-to-face meetings
- Adding value to operational teams through analysis, reporting etc.
Other and periodic
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and SOX requirements
- Continuously reviewing current processes and making improvements to allow better control or improved efficiencies
- Ad hoc projects as directed by FC / FD / FM
- Quarterly VAT returns/deal with VAT queries
- Authorise weekly payments
- Assisting AP team with coding of invoices
- Dealing with Finance Plus on ad hoc queries
How success is measured
- Accuracy & Timeliness
- Insights driven analyses
- Qualified accountant or equivalent (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Ability to interpret and manipulate data in a logical
- Ability to concisely and clearly present information to financial and non-financial
- Workflow management ie. effective organisational and time management skills and ability to plan and prioritise
- Previous knowledge of WPP financial working practices
- Proficient user of Excel, Cartesis
- Must show a proactive approach to problem solving
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Leadership, ability to effect change and make decisions within own sphere
- Communication at all levels of the company
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.