Programmatic Account Manager
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX are one of the UK's fastest-growing media planning and buying agencies, having doubled in size in the last two years to 150 people and £200m in billings. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but our joint venture with WPP means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
What is the role?
We are recruiting for a Programmatic Account Manager who will help lead on the brand relaunch for a new client win in the UK market. The Programmatic Account Manager will bring clarity and insight to non-linear journeys through best in class planning and activation. There’s a natural desire to scale programmatic campaigns to a level of sophistication that delivers on both reach, awareness and drive CPAs. They are familiar with and have experience of programmatic tools, campaign delivery and participate actively in programmatic discussions with clients and internal teams, whilst also having proven knowledge and experience in Programmatic planning and DSP implementation.
The Programmatic Account Manager will be responsible for all digital planning and campaign management working with the Programmatic Services that are available via GroupM. The successful candidate will report into the Head of Programmatic and Client Lead, working closely to create innovative solutions to answer client challenges. There is opportunity to grow digital investment for the client and the role requires the ability to be forward thinking and deliver award-winning digital activity to help us improve performance and grow digital spend.
In addition to day to day client responsibilities, you will be expected to support the Head of Programmatic in the strategic development of display and online video through recommending innovative programmatic solutions, such as new programmatic opportunities, new PMPs and formats. You will also liaise with senior stakeholders internally, at group level and technology providers, ensuring that all parties operate efficiently and integrate with one another.
As part of this role the Programmatic Account Manager will work with alongside strategists and our proprietary audience planning tools to look for actionable audience insights that can inform future creative and business decisions.
The Programmatic Account Manager role offers a fantastic opportunity to work on a challenger brand, at an exciting period for their brand relaunch. There is scope to define the digital approach for the client and become a real asset within a growing team and agency.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Management of client-specific RTB activity
- Manage and co-ordinate team of direct reports to deliver multiple projects
- Ownership of programmatic implementation decisions on plan
- Recommendation of data and tech partners and outline the implementation strategy and activation tactics
- Media forecasting, planning, booking, and reconciling of digital campaigns
- Trafficking & implementation of campaigns
- Lead campaign reporting, analytics & recommendations – CPA, CPM or CPC metrics, monitoring KPI targets against actuals
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with technology partners and seek first-to-market opportunities across the competitive landscape
- Support and develop the programmatic pillars of data, strategy, operations, planning and insights
- Create/design programmatic strategy for First Utility, ensuring strategy is clear and most appropriate to the client's objectives and KPIs
- Support the deployment of programmatic investment, with focus on driving innovation and targeted audience activation across the agency
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key GroupM and external partners, seeking first-to-market opportunities across the competitive landscape
- Improve the digital knowledge within the agency by leading regular knowledge sharing sessions
- Work with clients on technology and tracking requirements (& identify where team support is required)
Who are you?
- An individual who is passionate about digital media and the developments that programmatic is having on the industry
- The candidate needs to be experienced within Display, Online Video and Programmatic in both planning and trading.
- An analytical mind is vital with the ability to breakdown and explain insights back to the clients in a clear and insight manner
- Confidence and the ability to craft engaging and entertaining presentations is also improving for the client management element of the role
- There is also a high dependency on delivery, with the client being new to the agency attention to detail is key to maintaining high standards
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.