Senior Operations Specialist - Sky, NOW TV
We are looking for Senior Operations Specialist to join the Sky digital team.
The Senior Ops Specialist will have a proven track-record in delivering operational excellence across challenging clients and account teams. The successful candidate will have exceptional attention to detail and will be experienced in trafficking digital activity through multiple ad server technologies and will troubleshoot issues across teams to support seamless end-to-end digital campaign activation: from tagging through to reporting and optimisation. They will demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, with strong communication and organisational skills to manage clients’ activity across internal and external stakeholder groups: clients, media owners, suppliers, tech, buyers, and finance.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Digital Manager
3 best things about the job:
- The expectation, support and tools to deliver best in class work across the biggest account in the UK
- Working with the best talent in the industry, both internally at MediaCom and externally at Sky
- Opportunity to champion and define processes to ensure flawless campaign management
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Built visibility and trust with multiple stakeholders – both internally and externally. They will see you as someone who is reliable and consistent in their work who can be trusted to deliver.
- Be fully up to speed on processes, systems, and ways of working
In six months, you would have:
- Championed existing and pioneered new processes to ensure output and project management across campaigns is executed efficiently and consistently
In 12 months, you would have:
- Delivered improvements in our ways of working, proactively identifying opportunities
- Educated the wider digital team to ensure best in class operations
Responsibilities of the role:
In this role, the Senior Ops Specialist will offer support and training for the wider team and will be confident in workload balancing and delegation across junior team members. They will be the first point of escalation within the team and will monitor and flag challenges that could negatively impact KPIs. The Senior Ops Specialist will be an operational role model; standardising process and supporting the adoption of operational best practice within the Investment Team to ensure accuracy from booking through to finance reconciliation.
This includes -
- Error-free bookings and timely reconciliation on finance systems
- Bookings completed and campaigns live to deadline
- Supporting team prioritisation of time and workload
- Training new and existing team members – upskilling in problem solving, technical knowledge, accuracy, finance rigour and account team communication
- Encourages best practice workflow across wider team
- Finance queries addressed and resolved to SLA
What you will need:
- Excellent track-record of achievement (academic, commercial, personal)
- Proven competency in data analysis, trafficking and Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skillset
- Problem solving and solutions focused mind-set
- Proven ability to manage workload in a highly pressured environment
- Cross-team collaboration with the ability to build strong relationships – internally and externally
- Extensive knowledge of end-to-end trafficking process; including pixels, creative tags and specs
- Adept at prioritisation, organisation, multi-tasking and time-management
- Process-driven with the ability to monitor existing workflows
- Ability to champion operational best practice across the wider team
- Strong accountability to meet deadlines
- Good at problem solving – with the ability to resolve in a timely manner
- Able to train others and encourage knowledge sharing across team
- Accuracy and a keen eye for detail
- Competent in Excel and data analysis
- Aptitude to learn new systems, tools and processes
- Strong verbal and written communication style
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, adidas, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.