Journey Activation Manager (Programmatic & Social)
WM Select operates as an agency within an agency. We’re currently a team of around 40 (growing rapidly) who work across 30 clients covering a broad range of categories, offering an end to end service for our clients who prefer a more boutique agency feel. We can offer the best of both worlds; a truly bespoke service to our clients, but with all the support, tools, specialisms, and trading power from the wider agency. Since launch we’ve seen huge success. We have won 5 new clients (Monsanto, Pfizer, Godiva and Ecover/Method, Audemars Piguet) as well as expanded our remit into social engagement. We have delivered significant levels of incremental revenue from additional projects and services, and we have created award winning work, winning 4 industry awards been shortlisted for many more!
WM Select Clients:
Perfetti van Melle
Perfetti van Melle are one of the world’s largest manufacturers of confectionery and chewing gum, with their products sold in over 150 countries.
PvM are a challenger brand within the UK confectionery market. They produce a fantastic range of sweets, including Mentos, Smint, Chupa Chups and Fruitella, meaning no two briefs are the same. They create imaginative products and brands and in turn welcome creative solutions in order punch above their weight.
Karcher are a unique family owned German company that operate globally, creating market leading cleaning products with an extensive portfolio covering consumer and trade.
They are a passionate business, focused on growth and development in each market. Wavemaker operates within Karcher’s consumer facing business, where they are best known for their market leading High Pressure Washers, but they also have a broad range of products from the innovative Window Vac to Steam Cleaners.
Tomy is an established toy manufacturer and distributer originating in Japan. Tomy are widely recognised predominantly through their Tomy Games brands, however they have a wide UK portfolio of brands to support on an annual basis.
As with PvM, budgets are often smaller than the competitor brands, so we to think creatively and ensure awareness in a very cluttered marketplace.
We have a close working relationship with our clients and are highly valued as an extension of their marketing teams.
The client portfolio presents exciting opportunities for us to develop media strategy and explore a variety of creative opportunities to best fulfil brief requirements. We pride ourselves on the level of service and innovation we bring, across varied budgets, objectives, and audiences.
In recent years, Display has become a greater area of focus across each client. Our activity covers both ensuring established products can grow, as well as launching brand new products.
The Programmatic & Social Manager is responsible for the flawless delivery of programmatic and social activity. Your core focus will be to continuously deliver value for your clients by planning and executing best in class campaigns; working with media owners to help your clients to be the first to trial new formats and features; and create and deliver gold standard optimisation and delivery plans.
- You will work with the Journey Delivery team and Journey Activation team to produce and present strategy and rationales, media plans, projections and results to clients
- You will be responsible for liaising with the appropriate clients with regards to: programmatic and social performance, optimisation plans, testing schedules, competitor analysis and industry news
- Working with the Journey Activation Director you will present at monthly and quarterly business reviews
- You will need to develop and demonstrate an in depth knowledge of your clients’ industry sector and their competitors
Strategy & Planning:
- Your core role will be to translate strategy into gold standard delivery and optimisation plans for each client
- You will work with the Journey Activation Director and the Journey Activation Business Director in taking client briefs and creating innovative delivery plans and rationale document that demonstrate how you will deliver quantifiable outcomes.
- You will be required to provide KPI projections, benchmarks and forecasts for your channels in response to client briefs
- You will need a good working knowledge of key industry planning tools and platforms (e.g.TGI, Comscore, Hitwise, Google Insight tools, Facebook Audience Planner) to enable you to build robust plans and rationale documents that justify your media selections
- Testing plans will be a key component of this role, you will work with your Journey Activation Director and media owners (e.g. Xaxis, Google, Facebook etc.) to create and deliver ongoing robust testing plans
- In conjunction with your client, client team and Specialist Leads you will create case studies each quarter to be entered into annual specialist awards (e.g. Direct Marketing Awards, UK Search Awards, Drum Marketing Awards, Xaxie Awards, Media Week Awards etc.)
Campaign Management & Performance
- Quality control check and take full ownership of the output of your Executive/s
- Ensure every brief you receive has a clear set of measurable outcomes and that all parties (client, client teams and your specialist team) are agreed on these outcomes / KPI’s
- You will be responsible for meeting and exceeding any agreed targets
- You will work with the Journey Activation Director and Executive to ensure every account has an insight driven clear and achievable 30/60/90 day optimisation schedule. It will be imperative that the client is aware of this plan and the outcomes it will deliver
- Each week you will review, with your specialist team, performance against targets and adjust optimisation activities accordingly
- Every month and quarter you will work with your executive and the Journey Activation Director (and Head of Specialism if required) to review and amend the 30/60/90 day optimisation schedules for your clients which will deliver quantifiable outcomes
- It will be your responsibility to ensure timely delivery against the agreed 30/60/90 optimisation schedules
- You will need to check that your team are logging all significant actions on your account to feed into post campaign reviews and to help shape future activity
- You will regularly work with heads of Paid Social and Display to ensure your teams’ activity is audited regularly and is best in class
- Each quarter you will be required to audit the social and programmatic activity of other teams within Wavemaker and feedback recommendations
- You will need to have an excellent working knowledge of industry and Wavemaker tools and systems (e.g. DFA, Google Adwords, Marin, D-Cor, D-Veri) and must ensure that your executives are using them correctly to monitor performance and conduct daily checks to confirm budget pacing is as planned and that activity is serving correctly
- You should attend and contribute to weekly client team status meetings and monthly specialist team meetings
- You will need to manage the delivery of weekly/fortnightly/monthly reports and ensure that they contain insightful commentary on performance, key optimisations and recommended next steps
- Ensure all of your accounts and your executive(s) are booked onto the system correctly, reconciled within the monthly window, that financial queries are addressed in a timely manner and that Wavemaker financial processes are followed correctly, especially in relation to SOX compliance, plan approval & PO receipt / reconciliation
- Work to overall account performance related fee targets as outlined by the Journey Activation Business Director
- Work with the Journey Activation Business Director and Journey Activation Director to ensure you and your executive(s) spend the right amount of time on each client
- Develop strong negotiation skills to construct deals which maximise value both for clients and Wavemaker and help your executive(s) to build on their own skills in this area
- Work closely with Trading & Barter teams to identify new opportunities to help meet commercial objectives for your clients and Wavemaker and ensure that all your plans and that of your team are shared with them prior to being shown to clients
- Be fully aware of all Wavemaker / GroupM deal partners and priorities and have a good understanding of their individual capabilities
- If working on an audited client, ensure you understand the process and methodology for benchmarking and work with your manager to collate and deliver all relevant data sets as per agreed deadlines
- Ensure timesheets are up-to-date and accurate for yourself and your executive(s) each month
- Lead and line manage your executive(s)
- Responsible for the training and development of your executive(s) with support from your Specialist Lead
- Accountable for the workflow and quality of work of your executive(s), ensuring that they deliver work on time and to a high standard that is aligned to your client’s digital media strategy
- Ensure you and your executive(s) have the correct qualifications at all times (e.g. Google Adwords, Facebook Blueprint etc.)
- Review, provide feedback and set objectives for your executive(s) every 6 weeks
Innovation & Collaboration
- Work with client team, specialist leads and specialist peers to establish best practice in self-serve programmatic as this area grows over 2017/18.
- Use Compare the Market’s unique DMP to inform, enhance and personalise all of the digital media channels they use.
- Help your Journey Activation Director and Journey Activation Business Director to leverage key media owner relationships and client data insights in order to produce work which drives tangible business results for our clients
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners at an appropriate level, especially Xaxis and vertical specialist teams at Google, Facebook and Twitter and other external agencies on your clients’ businesses
- In conjunction with your Journey Activation Director, work with key media owners such as Xaxis, Plista, Light Reaction and other WAVEMAKER deal partners to identify new products and features our clients should be testing, including Google, Bing, Facebook & Twitter Betas and Alpha tests to ensure your clients activity is best in class
- Work with your Journey Activation Director to produce case studies with media owners such as Oath, Google, Facebook
- Actively seek out new trends, industry new / updates and product launches and share with wider team
- Develop relationships with programmatic media partners such as MediaIQ, Quantcast etc.
Technical Skills & Experience
- A solid background in digital media is essential, with extensive activation experience of display and paid social being at the core of this.
- Facebook Blueprint and Twitter Flight School qualified.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience of using DCM (both trafficking and reporting) and other digital ad servers
- Experience of using Metis/Prisma (not essential), and strong working knowledge of eTelmar, Addynamix & Comscore
- Proficient use of social technology such as Facebook Business Manager etc.
- Excellent knowledge of display auditing and programmatic buying.
- Strong presentation skills and a high level of articulation are required
- Expert Excel knowledge. Advanced Excel training completed. Must know how to use Vlookups, Pivot Tables, and web queries.
- Experience with using analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.
Relevant / transferable client management experience
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via email@example.com.