Data and Technology - Associate Director
Mediacom forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined media agencies. GroupM is the world’s largest media investment management organization and parent company of Mediacom, MindShare, etc.
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
Shell has undergone significant digital transformation in media since 2013 where we have seen digital investment increase from 10% to nearly 50% in 4 years. We now have a digital vision, a tech stack and set of tools to continue this step change in 2019.
We are now looking for someone that will take Shell to the next stage of their transformation. This will include helping to build and deliver our data strategy, evolving our use of tech to extract more value from Shell’s DMP and 1st party tools, working with markets on testing and piloting new ideas and analysing data from our dashboard tool to improve the effectiveness of our digital spend.
A key element of the transformation has been the centralisation of key digital functions, including paid social and programmatic. This is currently something that we are evaluating and we’re looking to continually review the model to ensure Shell get the best possible digital product.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A strong view of how digital media will develop in the coming years
- Experience of working with a range of technologies (Ad server, verification tools, DSPs, DMPs) and understands the latest technological changes
- Strong analytical skills and enjoys getting insights from data
- Credibility and good communication skills when dealing with markets and internal stakeholders
The ideal candidate can show Shell how they can connect their products to their audiences using digital data and tools.
Shell are one of MediaCom’s most progressive clients, they are brave and willing to experiment with new ideas and we must continue to feed their appetite for innovation in the digital arena.
- Ensure the client is highly satisfied with the digital delivery of MediaCom and that MediaCom is consistently one step ahead of the opportunities arising from the ever-changing digital media landscape.
Continue to drive change, deliver thought leadership
- The Digital AD must help Shell stay ahead of their competition by introducing the latest digital opportunities that will enable them to connect more powerfully with their consumers.
- They will be expected to continue to drive change and improvements in our digital offering by introducing the latest technology and opportunities to deliver stronger results.
Evolve the central digital strategy
- Ensure there is a clear and well supported central digital, data and testing strategy for Shell overall and for each of the brands within the portfolio. This will involve a collaborative process with the client and other agency partners as well as MediaCom internal teams and local markets.
- Show how to use data to help Shell understand their audiences better and develop insights that informs planning and execution.
Brief and inspire local markets
- Delivering great work requires a brilliant central team to deliver thought leadership and clear strategy, but the true value will only be realised if local teams execute brilliantly in-market.
- The Digital Ad must lead the team to create strong relationships with local markets to harness the full potential of our network. Working with MediaCom’s global network requires sharing the brilliant work and understanding how to fix any challenges that come with digital transformation.
Local to global
- We have made great advances in collecting centralised data across our core channels.
- However, this can always be improved, and accurate and timely information flow from local to global is critical to the smooth running of a global account.
If this sounds like the next role for you then please get in touch with us by clicking apply!
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.