Paid Social Specialist Account Director, Auto
A role exists within Mindshare FAST within a growing Paid Social specialist team. It works on an existing automotive client of Mindshare which over the last couple of years have seen a strong growth in their presence and activity across Social Media and this is expected to grow more in 2019.
We are looking for an experienced Paid Social Specialist Account Director who will play an instrumental role in further developing a leading car brand's Social Activity, taking ownership of the ongoing client engagement, managing a team of social AMs and AEs and support the Business Director is realizing the strategic vision of the account and team. Next that you will also work closely with creative agencies, data teams, PR etc.
Mindshare FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) is a digital division within Mindshare of integrated performance specialists, managing Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social and SEO for our global clients. The Paid Search and Social channels are combined to form one team, although we maintain 2 individual specialist teams that are unified through their vision, operations, and team development. The Mindshare FAST Paid Social team are responsible for planning, buying and managing Paid Social campaigns as well as multi market coordination for complex global clients within the retail, FMCG, automotive, finance and technology, industries.
Our portfolio of Paid Social clients includes Marks & Spencer, TKMaxx, 21st Century Fox, Unilever, Three Mobile and more… We are thinkers and doers, relentless in the pursuit of success for our clients. We do this by continually seeking and finding the perfect connection between their products and potential customers through Social platforms.
The candidate will report into the Paid Social Business Director. Working within the FAST Paid Social hub they will be integral to cross channel knowledge sharing and contributing to channel integration across FAST. The ideal candidate will be expected to use their own initiative in setting up processes and expectations for the social team within the FAST hub. You will be expected to lead by example, growing the client base by upselling new services and contributing to team PR opportunities.
Key skills & knowledge
- Exceptional project management and coordination skills, with a logical approach to problem solving
- Experience in developing and leading client relationships
- Exceptional people management skills, including support and development of at least two junior team members
- Exceptional executional Paid Social experience managing Brand & DR activity; experience in optimising and developing paid social accounts to hit performance targets is essential
- Extensive experience using the native Paid Social management platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snap, LinkedIn) as well as 3rd party platforms like 4C, Sprinklr and tracking solutions such as DoubleClick and Adobe Analytics
- In depth understanding of networks like: Audience Networks, In-Stream, Twitter Sponsorships and when to use them to deliver against clients’ business objectives
- Understanding of the importance of brand safety, viewability and able to recommend solutions that address these topics
- Ability to support the Business Director in developing wider social channel strategies including year planning, audience development and creative solutions in line with client’s objectives
- Ability to devise a cross social platform video strategy that links up with other non-social channels, taking into account best video practices
- Expert knowledge of Paid Social measurement capabilities and evaluate and implement study opportunities that are of benefit to the client and future social activity
- Working knowledge of digital attribution approaches used to optimize social campaigns
- An understanding of how Paid Social can integrate with other digital and offline channels
- Take ultimate responsibility for the output of your team, both client facing and operational
- Be the central client contact for your client portfolio, dealing at Director level and above with senior management within the client and agency organization
- Apply best practice rigor to the execution of Paid Social campaigns
- Maintain a forward thinking and innovative approach in the development of paid social activity
- Attend all important internal and external client meetings; provide outstanding levels of client service in a proactive manner
- Keep up to date with industry developments in order to offer POVs
- Become an expert in all Paid Social services offered by Mindshare
- Build a reputation as a trusted senior advisor for internal and external stakeholders
- Play an active role in pitches, and other cross agency initiatives
- Surfacing the best work within the team and promoting this internally and externally via case study submissions / award entries etc.
- Take responsibility for your team’s development and career progression within the agency
- Review the quality of team output and take appropriate action to improve delivery
- Play an active role in the interviewing process to build strong teams
- Develop ways of working that maximize client output, whilst minimizing operational input
- Ensure briefing, planning and finance processes are strictly adhered to by the team
- Establish strong working and communication processes with all FAST and digital teams to provide guidance to facilitate exceptional integrated digital campaigns
- Understanding of the services delivered by the FAST team, and their benefits
- Increase Paid Social spends of existing client base, by proving the value of the channel
- Surface out-of-scope services to increase mindshare revenue streams
- Be commercially minded, ensuring effective management of available resources; maintain awareness of all scopes of work for your client portfolio
- Fostering a spirit of collaboration and integration with the broader team, and key Social partners
- Achieving clients’ performance targets; client development and innovation
- Retention and development of client portfolio profitability and growth
- Developing and retaining team
- Contributing to and owning wider Paid Social team and FAST initiatives
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.