Privacy Counsel (EMEA)
Privacy Counsel (EMEA)
GroupM is looking to hire a Privacy Counsel to cover the EMEA region.
The Privacy Counsel (EMEA) will support the Global General Counsel in maintaining the GroupM agreed data protection compliance programme. They will be responsible for providing advice and support to the Group on all aspects of compliance with data protection laws across EMEA, and for monitoring the Group’s compliance with those laws. The role reports into the Global General Counsel and will also work closely with the WPP/GroupM Data Protection Officer (DPO).
This role is multi-faceted with the key objectives being:
- Advising the business on implementation and maintenance of the overall Group-wide data protection programme, and on the implementation and maintenance of privacy policies, privacy notices and internal guidance on best practice.
- Working closely with the Global Legal and IT Compliance teams to promote a data protection culture within the Group, and assisting with and monitoring implementation of principles such as data protection by design and by default throughout the Group’s products, services and processes.
- Monitoring Group companies’ compliance with data protection laws and with Group data protection policies and internal guidance.
- Identifying and bringing data protection risks to the attention of senior management through the department of Global Legal.
- Advising the business on the development of new products, services and processes that involve the processing of personal data.
- Dealing with enquiries and complaints from data subjects, including requests by data subjects to exercise their rights under data protection law.
- Working with the Global Legal team to develop and maintain internal guidance and standard documentation for dealing with vendors with access to personal data, including during the due diligence and contracting phases and during the term of the contract and responding to enquiries from the business arising out of the same.
- Developing and managing a comprehensive programme of training and awareness on data protection matters, to be rolled out to all employees in EEA.
Experience Required for the Role
- Between 4-8 years’ PQE.
- Sound knowledge of European Union (EU) data protection law (including GDPR) and practice.
- Previous experience of advising on data protection issues in the media or technology sectors is preferred.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.