Planning Manager - Boots Global Consumer Brands
We are looking for a brilliant & talented Planning Manager to work on the exciting WBA Account across their Global Consumer Brands, including brands such as No7, Liz Earle, CYO, Soltan.
3 best things about the job:
- An opportunity to develop award winning ideas on a fast-paced account and work on a range of brands from leaders all the way through to challenger brands.
- You will be part of a 'full service' team with media at the heart. You will have the opportunity to work closely with a number of other WPP specialists across advertising, PR and events etc. in a team that fully integrates media and content.
- The client is looking for people who want to take a lead role in driving forward all facets of the media mix, from applying data in new ways to building creative and innovative partnerships with media owners.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Worked out how to operate with key internal departments that allows you to carry out your work for the client
- A solid grasp of the clients’ target audiences, products and objectives.
- Developed solid relationships with your key clients with you becoming a key ‘go to’ person
- Developed a good relationship with your AD and the Planner that you manage so that the brand planning team operates efficiently (a productive rate) and effectively (a good product and service level to the client)
- Be running the day to day across each of your brand responsibilities
In 12 months, you would have:
- Helped the AD enter an award in one of the various marketing communications awards that exist
- Been able to suggest ways to the AD on how we can operate better / improve our planning output to the client
- The ability to delegate, up and downwards, to coordinate between groups and departments
- Motivate and manage the planner/execs within the team
- Be resilient and advisory – support and guide an ambitious and direct client whom expects good service
- Provide regular feedback (both positive and negative) to the team on a regular basis
- Development of a comms approach and being instrumental in creating and evolving high quality channel implementation plans
- Whilst this is a Brand Planning role you need to have a handle on the ROI of everything you do and an understanding of what this is contributing to the client’s business
- Liaise and work closely with channel specialist, strategy and analytics teams to ensure the full media response
- Liaise and work closely with other WPP functions on the wider WBA team to ensure we are producing integrated responses/plans
- Experience in a planning role
- Cross channel media knowledge
- Understanding of roles for media and ability to explain the pros/cons of media channels
- Experienced at liaising with and presenting to clients regularly
- Competent at using core planning tools, especially TGI, Ad dynamix & Touchpoints.
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Aptitude for problem solving and process
- Good people person and can adapt to change quickly
- Microsoft office skills – Excel and Powerpoint are essential
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, adidas, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.