Digital Business Director - Journey Delivery - Manchester
Business Director (Digital): Key Requirements
- Responsible for digital innovation, transformation and delivery for selected client set, and for others in the Account Delivery team who are non-digital natives.
- Ability to engage and convince at Board Level the steps required for change/transformation, without over complicating the process to non-digital natives
- Key lead (together with MP Digital and MP WM Content) in driving the agency’s digital capabilities, from briefing to activation, and all the steps in-between. This is especially important in ensuring quality in output., and the right level of response per client.
- A proactive contributor to agency culture and a willingness to sit forward and lean into the Board with both recommendations and requests for help in building the business.
- A strong understanding of the digital and data landscape, able to decode and explain complex subjects with ease and authority.
- Key contributor to our New Business Efforts, driving both the thinking and the opportunity for us to get on more RFI/RFP pitches. We expect this person to take charge of a pitch process, enthusing others in the business to sit forward and deliver their best work.
Overall Focus Lead & manage the clients and an integrated team of Account Directors in the Account Delivery team to deliver best in market and commercially viable digital (and non digital) solutions. In doing so meet and exceed client performance targets, build strong client relationships, win awards and develop our people.
- Client Relationships
- Own the client relationship for all digital media matters, specifically focusing on the strategic roadmaps needed to achieve growth and remain competitive
- Overall responsibility for the quality of the team’s digital media output (search, social, display, affiliates) across their client group, connecting into the businesses’ wider goals
- Ensure delivery, planning and activation teams deliver against any digital media SLA’s outlined in client contracts
- Strategy & Planning:
- Overall responsibility for the digital strategy and the quality of its execution.
- Work alongside the planning team to develop and deliver their clients’ audience, digital & data roadmaps
- Work with the planning team to form fully integrated approaches and support in selling into client
- Work with the Digital Director or next level down to ensure every account has a clear and achievable 30/60/90 day optimisation schedule
- Define the role for digital media channels within the campaign approach, setting appropriate and SMART KPIs
- Work with Data Directors and TAPP to ensure the right infrastructure is in place to activate and measure data-driven campaigns
- Ensure all digital paid media planning is aligned to client growth roadmaps and connected to clients’ O/E strategy
- Drive appropriate use of Wavemaker and industry tools, ways of working, templates and best practices – create where required in conjunction with Specialist Leads
- Campaign Management & Performance:
- Take full ownership and quality control the output of the Digital Directors and Planner Buyers in team. Crisis manage where required
- Overall responsibility for meeting and exceeding targets
- Ensure every brief has a clear set of measurable outcomes.
- Ensure the client and specialist teams are clear on what the target outcomes are.
- Work with the Digital Director and specialist teams to ensure every account has a 30/60/90 optimisation plan which delivers against the target KPI’s.
- Work with Paid Search, Paid Social, Display & Affiliate leads to ensure your teams’ activity is audited regularly and is best in class.
- Overall accountability for digital reconciliation & SOX compliance for all clients within group
- Deliver against digital PRF requirements outlined in client contracts
- Deliver, track and manage trading and investment targets set by Heads of Digital Trading & Investment
- Oversee the audit process
- Continually seek ways to increase revenue & income
- Team Management:
- Lead and line manage the Digital Director/s or next layer down depending on the team structure.
- Responsible for the workflow and quality of work of specialist Planner Buyers within their Client Partner Group.
- Resource planning – ensure appropriate / contracted team is in place
- Ongoing development of team’s digital capability (including completion of reviews) in conjunction with Specialist Leads
- Innovation & Collaboration:
- Drive an innovation culture within the Account Delivery team
- Work with specialist leads and media owners to identify new products and features our clients should be testing
- Aim to get key clients in your group on to at least three Google and Facebook Betas each year
- Work with your specialists to produce case studies each quarter which will be shared with clients, MEC and may be published within trade press and/or entered into awards.
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners, especially Xaxis and vertical specialist teams at Google, Facebook and Twitter
- Regularly review account performance with key media owners – ideally once a month, along with a quarterly business review. This can be allocated within the BD group for all client campaigns with an individual media owner.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.