Pitch Leader Business Development, Global
PITCH LEADER BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, GLOBAL
This role is integral to the growth of our business globally. As such, it is fast paced, challenging and dynamic, and offers the chance to experience all facets of MediaCom worldwide. This role sits at the heart of our global business development activity, fuelling prospecting efforts, leading global and regional pitches and directing game-changing local new business pitches across our markets. The role both maintains and evolves best-practice pitch processes (globally and locally) and drives consistent best practice., as well as partnering with senior leaders across the globe and across the wider new business teams in multiple locations.
The responsibilities of this role encompass the full breadth of agency business development with three key overarching deliverables:
- Leading global and regional pitches and directing game-changing local market pitches, as needed
- Working to drive consistent best practice across all markets, with a specific focus on being a key strategic business development partner to one of MediaCom’s geographical regions (EMEA, NAM, LATAM, APAC) working with regional leadership as needed
- Additionally the role will own and lead one of the key business development specialisms e.g. marketing, RECMA prospecting to driving internal best practice and growing new business capabilities and expertise across the globe.
More specifically the responsibilities include:
- Define and execute MediaCom’s global prospecting agenda
- Oversee the creation of high-calibre RFIs, RFPs and pitch presentations
- Pitch leadership covering all aspects of a pitch from identifying suitable talent to writing / editing content, to delivering a winning presentation on the day (sometimes in cooperation with other GroupM or WPP agencies)
- Review, edit and teach others how to strengthen their content and presentation delivery
- Follow and enhance the MediaCom new business WIN Process, ensuring all key local markets do the same
- Establish strong professional relationships with agency senior leaders in both US and global teams based in London
- Close collaboration with new business leaders in the North America, EMEA, LATAM and APAC , attending and chairing regular status meetings
- Collaborate as needed with new business leaders at GroupM and other GroupM agencies
- Oversee all new business reporting internally and externally to Recma, COMvergence, R3
Required Skills and Experience
- Gravitas and credibility obtained through a clear mastery of both business development process and game changing content
- Strategic visionary with an ability to apply strategy to business operations and pitch content
- Clear understanding of the media communications landscape
- Ability to influence, lead and communication effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Able to work independently, set own agenda and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Hands-on approach to managing processes and people
- Must be able to take direction and constructive criticism
- Exercise discretion in handling confidential or sensitive information
- Ability to manage and develop a growing team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to both lead and be part of a team
- Ability to anticipate project needs and discern work priorities
- Ability to keep a positive attitude, a calm head and provide direction, especially during challenging circumstances
- Passion and drive for providing an exceptional product and experiences
- Have a cooperative attitude in working with individuals at all agency levels
- Driven and competitive with a collaborative and compassionate approach
Reports to: Global Head of Marketing and Business Development
This role will involve regular travel worldwide and candidates should therefore expect to travel as part of this role.
Given the level of responsibility and business development experience required to perform in this role, the ideal candidate will have a significant and relevant experience in media, marketing or advertising, and must have proven experience and success rate within an agency business development environment.
Why join Mediacom?
MediaCom has been named the most successful media agency of 2017 in the latest R3 Worldwide New Business League rankings.
The agency topped the league after winning 257 new client accounts in 2017 (key wins included PSA, Richemont, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Wholefoods and Falabella). MediaCom was also named the most successful agency in the USA, Europe, Korea, LATAM and Singapore.
In February, MediaCom was named Adweek Global Media Agency of the Year. The title added to the three Agency Network of the Year crowns MediaCom was awarded in 2017 – by Campaign magazine, at the 2017 M&M Awards (an accolade it has won seven times in nine years), and at the 2017 Festival of Media Global Awards (where the agency won a record 18 awards). This is the first time any agency network has held all four titles at once.
This is a perfect opportunity for a super ambitious business development professional who wants to work at the epicentre of our industry, with some of the brightest minds in media, at an agency that has winning at its core!
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.