Senior Director, Analytics & Data Platforms (EMEA)
Senior Director, Analytics & Data Platforms
[m]Platform EMEA is searching for a seasoned ad technology / analytics leader to join the regional [m]Platform team as Senior Director of Analytics and Data Platforms, working within our core product delivery team.
As a key component of a wider portfolio of services and solutions, [m]Platform provides a range of data platform capabilities which enable GroupM and agency teams around the region to manage data (big and small) more effectively, create advanced analytics solutions for clients (for example attribution models and MMM) and provide automated, scalable reporting and data visualisation. Some of these solutions are proprietary to GroupM, others are licensed from partners; for example Google, Amazon and Datorama.
As a senior member of the [m]Platform regional product delivery team, you’ll collaborate with data and analytics leaders across the business to help shape the data strategy for the group across EMEA, identify opportunities for product / capability development and manage the successful delivery and deployment of these capabilities.
You’ll work with our central product and engineering teams (as well as teams in local markets and in agencies) to ensure that our [m]Platform proprietary solutions are successfully deployed and utilised across the region, and that the product development roadmap reflects the needs of the various stakeholder constituencies locally and regionally.
This is a senior role, necessitating strong leadership capabilities (in all directions) and exception knowledge of both the business / marketplace and our products. It is a client-facing role when required, and you’ll provide direct support to the solutions team (who will have a more operational, hands-on focus on clients day-to-day) on the most strategically important opportunities to maximise our chances of success. Exceptional communication skills and gravitas are therefore a key requirement. You’ll also manage a small team of experts who will focus on specific components in the portfolio, for example our automated digital reporting platform [m]Report.
Each member of the product delivery team has horizontal responsibility for the products within their remit as part of a matrix organisation, meaning that solutions teams (who work with clients and/or agencies directly to implement the products in the portfolio) and operations teams (who maintain the implementations day-to-day) will have dotted reporting lines into this role. Although the “centre of gravity” for this role is Analytics and Data Platform solutions, the successful candidate will be expected to develop a deep understanding of all the components in the [m]Platform stack (including audience management and programmatic activation management) and flex outside of their core areas of responsibility as and when required.
As a relatively new organisation within the group, much of the foundational development for these responsibilities is still to be done, meaning that the successful candidate has huge scope to shape the way that the team functions. It’s also a time of huge transition (and arguably uncertainty) in our approach to data and analytics, in no small part driven by GDPR, constant shifts in our ability to access data effectively and significant changes in client expectation. This is therefore a huge opportunity to help shape the future of GroupM and its data capabilities.
- Lead the data and analytics function day-to-day, including line management of a small team of experienced practitioners.
- Work with global product managers and engineering teams to create a comprehensive picture of the short, medium and long term product pipeline across all data and analytics platform capabilities and socialise this with all relevant regional stakeholders ([m]Platform local teams, agency data / analytics leads, GroupM analytics functions etc.).
- Collaborate with the solutions consulting leader to develop and implement a plan for effective solutions delivery spanning implementation process design, playbook / best practice development, training programme execution and so on.
- Work with the operations community to build effective support and operational management processes to ensure that solutions run effectively once implemented.
- Work with the business / client development community to build a strong client pipeline, supporting directly on sales activity when required, and evangelising regularly within the regional data and analytics stakeholder community
- Support delivery leads across the rest of the portfolio as required, acting as the data & analytics SME within the group
- Contribute to the development of an overarching data strategy across the region in collaboration with the rest of the data and technology team and other regional and local stakeholders.
- Create the vision for the future direction of the role and organisation, and execute on this vision!
Key skills and experience expectations
- Proven subject matter expertise (ideally with some industry recognition) in digital analytics, big data management and ad technology.
- Deep technical ability coupled with strong business acumen, and an ability to tailor communications to the audience depending on the situation and the requirements.
- True leadership skills – able to influence others and create alignment without overt direct line management responsibility.
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to navigate sometimes complex political dynamics, for example situations where different internal stakeholder positions are in direct conflict with one another.
- Deep understanding of the media agency (and holding company) world, ideally with some direct experience of GroupM and/or one of its agencies.
- Proven experience in a ‘green field’ role where the solution needed to be created from scratch and implemented to great business effect, including experience of growing a team, creating an effective culture and catalysing change.
- Deep knowledge of AWS data services (Redshift, S3, Kinesis, EMR etc.) a strong plus, recognising that this is not an engineering role.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via email@example.com.