Technology Manager - Multiple Clients
MediaCom – Technology Manager - UK
Overview of job
Working within the Technology team to ensure the efficient implementation of ad-serving, web analytics, audience tracking and optimisation technologies for digital advertising. You will also be responsible for managing a small team of Technology Execs, supporting internal and client teams with troubleshooting issues and being on top of future technologies and solutions. A Technology Manager understands various digital technology systems and ways of working to effectively activate digital campaigns and to consult with clients on site tagging strategy. They need to have excellent technical knowledge, effective communication skills and an extensive experience in implementing digital campaigns. Experience in managing a team is preferred, but not essential. A successful Technology Manager can oversee the day to day setup of their campaigns, liaising with the team to ensure tracking requirements are met, as well as developing a trusted relationship with their colleagues in other MediaCom departments and with the client’s media team.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Associate Director of Technology.
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to constantly learn on the job and work on some of the most prestigious clients in the UK.
- Working at the forefront of digital technology which is forever growing and changing, developing innovative solutions to benefit your clients.
- Fun-working atmosphere and team culture
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Developed strong working relationships with your internal stakeholders and clients.
- Understood the key aspects of our major accounts
- Been delivering accurate campaign setups and thorough testing.
- Thought about ways in which elements of your key account setup can be approved
- Attended client meetings with support from ADs to establish the above
In six months, you would have:
- Understood your team’s development needs and KPIs, having had regular 121 sessions with them.
- Started to progress technical solutions for improvements identified in your first 3 months.
- Developed a good grasp of how the various teams in the agency interact to produce best in class digital work.
- Gained an understanding of the scope of work across our major accounts and learnt how to scope up a project cost
- Ability to effectively contribute to the workload of the team and to delegate work efficiently
In 12 months, you would have:
- Identified ways in which we can grow our commerciality across key accounts and within the wider team
- Fully implement some of the proposed technical solutions for the improvement of the account setup.
- Understand the annual trends in our client’s digital activity and idealise some of the ways of working and best practice for the next 12 months.
- Fully leading a key account without guidance, understanding and responding to all challenges, implementing solutions and working with a partnership attitude alongside the client.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Oversee the efficient implementation of campaigns, whilst thoroughly managing the ad-server network, ensuring best practice is followed and maintained.
- Ensure that all web analytics, behavioural targeting and other optimisation technologies are implemented correctly in the execution of digital advertising campaigns.
- Oversee the implement and thoroughly test all publisher and 3rd party pixels.
- To liaise with the relevant creative agencies to ensure that all creative meets requirements and is effectively executed, with a focus on any dynamic creative approach.
- Analyse and develop tracking on the client’s digital properties to ensure effective user and conversion measurement takes place.
- Manage the day to day workload of the team and complete regular 121s and goal setting tasks
- Support the onboarding of new business into the agency
- Manage assigned custom projects from start to finish using AGILE techniques, and ensure all relevant documentation is produced and shared
- Act as an escalation point for team dealing with challenging issues and complex custom technical solutions
- Ensure that digital media systems are integrated, and that data processing is accurately available and optimised
- Identify ways of increasing commercial value to the team, either on bespoke projects or by increasing client activity
- Act as a strong influencer and a role model for the more junior members in the team
- Assist the ADs and head of department with other management tasks
Client Account Management Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for developing and maintaining relationships with our internal account teams and client marketing/digital/technical teams.
- Can present information effectively via email, on client calls and in client meetings and workshops.
- Can explain complex technical solutions in a clear and precise way to someone of any background and level
- Understands and demonstrates collaborative team working and citizenship.
Operating and Technical Responsibilities:
- Be pro-active and willing to get stuck in.
- Have an excellent knowledge of the digital technology marketplace, whether from an agency, media owner or ad tech background.
- Effectively manage and prioritise workload, both in terms of day-to-day tasks and further projects, whilst assisting more junior members of the team in the same.
- Able to identify quickly any potential issues and discuss workable solutions with the Engineers, Senior Engineers and Management.
- Responds positively to requests for help or support.
- Able to spot gaps in technical solutions and identify ways in which this can be fixed/improved
- Ensure that all solutions are documented and available to be shared
- Manage a small team of Technology Execs
- Efficiently delegate to and ensure your team’s training needs are met
- Identify achievements or potential issues within the team and ensure these are correctly escalated to the ADs and head of department
- Complete regular 121s with the team to discuss any challenges, technical solutions, training needs and to set KPIs and development plans
What you will need:
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in a digital technology, ad operations or similar role.
- Advanced experience of trafficking and campaign management.
- Experience of tag management or consultancy on tag implementation onto web pages
- A liking and aptitude for technology.
- Understanding of a variety of different digital channels.
- Strong knowledge of measurement tools and adservers (e.g Nielsen, DCM, Flashtalking)
- A keen eye for spotting issues and developing improvements where necessary.
- Excellent communication skills via email, on the phone and face to face
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Enthusiasm for consistent learning
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, with a strong attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving and process.
- Good delegation skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Some experience in managing a small team, or overseeing an individual’s training and development
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.