GroupM is the number one global media investment management group. We offer the intelligence to find or create valuable audiences, the power to engage them most effectively and efficiently, and the ability to create desired marketing outcomes.
GroupM is the largest Media bureau group in the Nordics, containing of MediaCom, Mindshare, Wavemaker and Mediaplus.
GroupM invests in people, content, technology and data to make its agencies optimally effective and efficient for clients, providing intelligence to find or create valuable audiences and outcomes. Our leadership, inventiveness and scale drive success for our clients, partners and people.
Our Data & Analytics department is looking for a Data Analyst /Econometrician for a temporary role with start asap, and a duration until June 2020, with possibility for permanent employment. This could be a role for a student or for someone with a couple of years work experience within the data and analytics field. We are open for a part-time solution for the right candidate.
Data & Analytics is GroupM’s dedicated analytics team. Each member of the team should see themselves as an ‘analytical problem solver’, pulling insight from data at all stages of the consumer’s purchase journey.
The primary focus is measuring the effectiveness of our clients’ marketing activities. Through this, the team should identify actionable recommendations to improve future planning, which should be fed into the agencies’ media strategic planning process, as well as directly to clients. The team is very client facing, so building and maintaining strong relationships with clients is key.
Outside of pure effectiveness measurement, there are several other analytical services that GroupM D&A can support clients and other agency functions with. It is important in this area that we are constantly identifying the current questions that our clients and colleagues face, to ensure we employ our efforts as the GroupM’s ‘analytical problem solvers’ in the right areas to really make a difference.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Working across all areas of an econometric project
- Initial project design and set up, managing the data collection, the modelling work, identifying key insights and drafting presentations
- Working closely with clients and various account groups within the agencies, helping to action our findings
- Demonstrate sound modelling skills, producing technically strong and intuitive models
- Staying on top of product innovations and together with the Associate Directors identify improvement areas within the current methodology, modelling techniques, and report formats
- Degree in Economics, Maths or Statistics.
- Knowledge of Eviews, VBA, R, SPSS or other programming languages
- The ability to convert analysis into real actionable solutions
- Excellent knowledge in Excel, common econometrics packages and PowerPoint
- Ambitious, determined and self-motivated
- Practical work experience with time series data in the media or marketing industry (ideally 2-3 years), with proven history of developing and delivering results to clients
- Client facing skills, with the ability to explain complex analysis in simple terms
- Understand marketing strategy and business issues across clients
- To foster and develop knowledge across the market by building strong stakeholder relationships with client leaders, specialist function leaders and other colleagues.
We can offer
- Exciting tasks in an industry in rapid technological development
- A role with high level of responsibility, possibility to grow and develop through a varied and high paced “work day”
- Some travelling will be required
- Great work environment
- Competitive pension and insurance benefits
- Modern office facilities in the city center of Oslo
Application deadline and start date is asap. For questions please contact Client Director Rune Albertsen, email@example.com.