Technical Solutions Architect
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation serving as the parent company to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, Wavemaker, MediaCom, and m/SIX, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people. Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
About the team and/or client
The Technology Operations Team provide IT Services that exploit our assets, capabilities and resources to enable the technology platforms and the people at GroupM to achieve business outcomes with minimal constraint.
We deliver and operate technology in the UK that provides technology services and IT platforms to enable agencies to operate commercially, find and engage audiences in an optimum way and create desired marketing outcomes on a local and regional level.
The Team provides support to all GroupM agencies’ staff; utilising a wide range of proprietary and third-party tools and applications to manage hundreds of client’s activity and thousands of media plans each year.
The operations team are responsible for the management of systems that provide GroupM’s trading, billing and payments services and the management of any suppliers involved in the provision of systems.
The Role Objective
The Technology Project manager will deliver projects that support the achievement of 5 key technology operations objectives.
- Customer Focus
- Pro Active
- Cost Effective
The business IT services are dated, disparate and ineffective reducing the competitive edge and capabilities of the business in the UK.
The UK market is extremely competitive and the business needs the supporting IT services to work correctly and reliably and enable them to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a disruptive business environment.
The role will be engaged on a program working on projects that provide the core IT infrastructure customer should take for granted, the program will achieve this by;
- Remediating the structural issues that reduce IT service effectiveness quickly
- Implementing improved IT Services by leveraging new and existing technology
- Embed improvements into operations and 3rd party contracts and work successfully with WPP Coretech, IBM and other IT partners to deliver these goals.
- Promoting a practice of continual improvement so that IT does not stagnate in future
The role will be responsible for
- Understanding the As-Is state of the Core IT services within GroupM
- Understanding key global transformation initiatives and how they can be leveraged to deliver the key projects
- Understand the business requirements with regard to the key projects
- Work with the transformation and architecture teams to design a to be state that can be delivered within the budgets of the team that meets the requirements of the business
- Work with the project engineer to design a plan on how to deliver the required to be state within the timelines of the program
- Ensure that third party IT providers accept solutions into the day to day operations as part of the contract
- Provide hands on assistance where required to drive projects forward
- Submit requests for service and requests for change to facilitate the completion of project tasks
- Supplement existing expertise with key subject matter experts from third party supplier
- Attend regular meetings with suppliers to ensure their operational activities are on track and that GroupM and the agencies provide the necessary information to enable suppliers to deliver to their service obligations.
- Provide guidance where necessary to ensure that the suppliers manage their operations according to a best practice approach.
- Work to ensure critical success factors (CSF) and key performance indicators (KPI’s) are in place for delivery of vendors and that these are regularly reviewed for appropriateness
- Work with the vendors to ensure KPI’s are met and where they aren’t involve the commercial teams to provide input and initiate improvement plans.
High Level Analysis
- Review proposal documents provided by suppliers to ensure that the proposed developments provide the expected outcome for GroupM.
- Liaise with vendors of systems to refine proposals from them to ensure they deliver the required capability and do not introduce any additional business risk
- Review proposal documents provided by suppliers with the appropriate business and IT stakeholders to ensure that the proposed developments provide the expected outcome for GroupM
- Where required ensure the analysis team are provided with detailed technical input to a proposal.
Implement a Continual Service improvement approach to the teams ensuring;
- Business Efficiency
- Potential cost reduction when introducing services
- Increased customer satisfaction with the provision of existing services
- Agility to respond to new requests
- Work with the delivery and finance teams to provide input and create business cases once an initial concept is prepared and where necessary involve suppliers or the other GroupM teams to provide the detail required.
- Provide necessary information to the transition team to ensure they are able to move a product improvement from delivery to operations.
- Where necessary complete the transition work to enable the move of improvements from delivery to
- Communicate with stakeholders, the technology program purpose and benefits, and the services that will be delivered as a result of the program
- Provide management with regular reports on the status of all projects and objectives
- Participate in regular application and project status review meetings
- Knowledge/Certification in ITIL foundation level or 2 years + experience of working in an ITIL environment.
- Management of suppliers and teams of people
- Experience of working with software vendors either for packaged products or custom software development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a talent for engaging with clients at all levels.
- Work outside normal office hours as required
- Ability to concisely and clearly present information to technical and non-technical people.
- Workflow management ie. effective organisational and time management skills and ability to plan and prioritise
- Successful delivery of Core IT projects in blue chip organisations e.g. desktop refresh, server migrations, data centre migrations, Sophos encryption and AV rollout
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.