Set up over twenty years ago; this specialist analytics team is part of the Growth Intelligence Unit within MediaCom. Business Science ensures MediaCom delivers meaningful outcomes for our clients by measuring what matters and hard-wiring insights back into the planning and buying processes to drive business results.
The Worldwide team acts as a catalyst for many of our global clients ensuring best practice across a range of disciplines such as: budgeting, KPI & measurement frameworks, results management and reporting outcomes. We often conduct measurement studies; bringing in other teams as appropriate. The key clients we are currently recruiting for are Adidas, Universal and Mars.
Objectives of the Role
Graduate Econometricians are key members of the Business Science team, helping with quantitative analysis to understand and measure the effect of marketing on sales. They have significant responsibility across all aspects of client projects.
As part of the London office you will also get full exposure to training, support and social experiences that come with a large vibrant company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This role reports into a Manager who will support you and help to develop your skills
- Working on projects using quantitative analysis to measure the effect that marketing activity has on sales
- Significant responsibility working across all aspects of a given project
- Working closely with clients and various account groups within the agency
- Contributing in the preparation of client presentations
- As part of a small Worldwide team we would expect you to work collaboratively and constructively with immediate colleagues and the wider client teams
- You will need to keep line managers up to date with project progress; including anticipating problem areas in advance
- Gain the personal/professional respect of client contacts
- Engage with the personal appraisal programme that supports your development and progression within the company
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Willing to participate in discussions and development of solutions
- Keen to develop a detailed understanding of the data available for analysis so the context is understood, and results are pertinent
- Inquisitive about the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as a willingness to learn about media concepts and terms
- Academic experience of time series econometrics and/or machine learning would be desirable but not essential
- Keen attention to detail, a questioning mindset
- Calm under pressure and able to juggle multiple projects/clients
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in stastical based subject
- Knowledge of software and languages such as e-views, Python, R, SQL, RapidMiner, etc would be desirable
- Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint would be an advantage
- Highly numerate with good written and verbal communication skills
- Keen interest in marketing paired with an inquisitive mind
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.