Chief Planning Officer
m/SIX - Chief Planning Officer
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX is the UK's fastest-growing media planning and buying agency, having doubled in size in the last eighteen months to 140 people and £200m in billings. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership but GroupM’s minority ownership means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets.
As an agency that is just shy of ten years old, we were born in the digital age. Our approach of truly integrating data into everything we do is unencumbered by the siloes and ways of working of some traditional agencies. This is what enables us to achieve our purpose: to help brands grow in the modern media landscape and new customer reality in which we live.
m/SIX and The&Partnership are great proponents of the integrated agency model; bringing creative, strategy, analyst, investment and production teams together, with data and technology at the centre. We have taken this a step further, by successfully adopting a methodology of implanting core teams within our clients' marketing departments. In the UK we have fully embedded teams at News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
The agency is designed to think audience first – to face into disruption. We use data signals to understand the flow of audiences, and build communications systems that balance the need to build and convert demand. We turn real behavioural data into actionable human insight that informs all communications at both strategic and implementational levels. This means that we’re geared toward business growth, not just media growth.
With our industry moving more and more towards an integrated, consultancy based model, we are ideally positioned to take full advantage of what clients want from their agency partners.
This is an extremely critical role in the future growth of m/SIX UK. The opportunity is for a dynamic and impressive strategic thinker to continue the ongoing development of our proposition and define what planning and strategy at m/SIX looks like in the future. The Chief Planning Officer will be both the external and internal facing leader of our planning and strategy for clients.
We are still a young business and, whilst we have set out a vision for how we work and who we are, we are still working to codify how this impacts on operations. As such this is a role that can truly help define the future of the business.
The Chief Planning Officer will lead our planning and strategy output to deliver highly effective thinking and clear strategy for all clients, across both agency and embedded teams (News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus).
We want our agency output to be best in class. We are looking for someone with the ability to inspire and motivate people across the business, through a combination of craft and personal skills. Someone whose approach aligns to our agency behaviours: pioneering, honest and energetic.
- Actively lead within the senior leadership team at m/SIX and help us to meet our ambition ‘to be the most important place in the career of our people’
- Develop a highly motivated team with clear roles, stretching goals and engaging career paths
- From a product perspective, help define how Strategists, Audience Planners, Web, CRM and Analytics teams work together in business planning to extract insights, helping clients identify business opportunities and to set smart goals. Be a catalyst for making data a more active ingredient in communications planning and delivery
- Partner with client leadership teams to deliver best in class media thinking, ideas and recommendations. Inspire and be an active advocate for making partnerships, content, data and technology more active ingredients in the media plan
- Be a thought leader for comms planning within the agency but also able to translate thought into action. This means setting the benchmark for the quality of our work, and being responsible for the ongoing evaluation of all strategic output.
- Be a strong performer in front of our most senior clients. Present a compelling picture of our planning and strategy capability, able to story-tell with the right level of technical explanation for the audience, whether that be Marketing Manager or CEO level.
- Play a fundamental role in driving the strategic approach to new business pitches for the agency.
The candidate will need to demonstrate clear and knowledgeable media strategic thinking that inspires innovative and effective work. The role is a highly visible one, both in terms of internal culture and external industry. As such, strong presenting and communication skills are essential.
An appetite to do things differently is important: we work flexibly with a wider range of stakeholders than most traditional media agencies, in particular with some of our integrated full-service client relationships. The nature of the integrated model means that the strategic input required is varied and interesting. Beyond media planning, we are actively using real behavioural audience data to shape creative briefs, content platforms and production asset lists, for example.
Apply now to find out more about this industry leading opportunity.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.