GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation serving as the parent company to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, Wavemaker, MediaCom, and each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities.
The HR Manager position is a busy role supporting the Head of HR in the provision of a high quality HR service to GroupM UK staff. The role is responsible for a number of designated departments.
You will have a thorough knowledge and experience of complex global matrix business models and how they operate with the ability to deliver people plans that enables the business to drive and deliver against their strategic priorities.
- Supporting the Head of HR with creating and implementing high quality HR initiatives and processes to support the goals of the business.
- Use HR experience and employment law knowledge to coach, advise and support managers on key employment processes of recruitment, induction, training & development, performance management, employee relations, restructures and redundancies, TUPE, disciplinary & grievance.
- Building strong contacts and relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ensure the performance management process is effectively implemented and that appropriate actions are identified and delivered in order to improve performance;
- Drive timely and co-ordinated business improvements based on data insights and trend analysis;
- Deliver an environment where team members can achieve personal growth and development in order to build succession planning within the HR team;
- Contribution to the generation of ideas and assist the wider HR team and HRD in the delivery of HR projects and initiatives across the Company.
We are looking for an experienced HR professional ideally with 4+ years experience working in a HR team. You must have solid business advisory and communications skills and be persuasive and confident in your client management and presentation technique. The HR Manager must have proven general commercial knowledge working on change initiatives, for example, restructures, cultural change programs and TUPE transfers
Up to date knowledge and working experience of Employment Law and the ability to advice on complex employee relations situation is pivotal to this role as is experience of effective team leadership. Ability to analyse information and present it in a concise and impactful manner is a crucial skill.
The GroupM HR function would like someone who works collaboratively – recognises the value and responsibility of working in a team and seeks to maintain and build effective relationships both internally and externally. Experience of HRIS i.e. Workday or TalentTree would be advantageous.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.