Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker Client Solutions are looking to add a new member to their team. We are looking for someone to lead the SEO on our international clients, managing directly or indirectly a growing team of 5 people as part of larger SEO team of around 45 within the UK.
Objectives of the role:
The successful candidate will be the most senior lead with the client in SEO and be responsible for setting the strategic direction and ensuring these are followed and client’s expectations are exceeded. The candidate will:
- Directly and indirectly managing a busy and growing international team of 5+ specialists focused on driving SEO performance for our international clients, as part of larger SEO team of ~45 within the UK.
- Highly commercially astute; developing new business opportunities, and existing account growth, alongside other WAVEMAKER departmental and wider agency objectives.
- Highly confident, influential and articulate senior client lead for our largest international SEO clients.
- Taking a hands-on approach where necessary to ensure the job is done.
- Accountable for client and business performance, including 100% retention of clients and 20% growth in client / new business income.
- Investing and building fantastic working relationships with a range of other media disciplines (particularly Paid Performance and Social) to ensure an integrated approach to marketing campaigns.
- Comfortable working within a matrix organisation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail
- Passion for client service.
- Strong, influential presentation skills.
- Workflow management, delegation and prioritisation.
- Positive, dynamic and motivational management skills.
- Strategic thinking including evaluation of key trends and client results data.
- Highly motivated to innovate and develop a world class proposition in organic search and content.
In order to deliver on the above, WAVEMAKER would require the candidate to possess:
- 5+ years within SEO related roles, including experience of management positions and team development.
- Highly experienced in all aspects of SEO and supporting disciplines; including technical/on-site optimisation, off-site optimisation, PR, social media, web development, content creation, conversion rate optimisation, accessibility and usability.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.