Competitive: depending on level of experience
Objectives of the Role:
The Managing Director will have responsibility for the commercial performance, profitability, market position, talent and growth for the agency in Nigeria.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
- To create a 3-year strategic business plan which is fit for purpose and demonstrates growth in key areas i.e. client, commercial, talent and product.
- Maintain focus on the implementation of the company’s vision and strategy by ensuring there is a clear operational business plan in place which operationalises the strategic vision and plan for the region.
- Contribute towards building a holistic product and service portfolio built on the company’s strategy.
- Develop and execute an ongoing marketing strategy to build awareness and enhance reputation of the company.
- Undertake regular competitor, client & market analysis to inform the strategy and operational plans.
- To leverage and contribute towards the wider group network and leadership teams in the region. This will involve working to build collaboration both vertically and horizontally in and outside Nigeria, including the global network.
- To have clear client strategy, retention & development plans in place for all existing clients, illustrating all risks & issues as well as identifying the opportunities for upselling and growth.
- Understand in-depth client needs and work to deliver a holistic strategy to maximise client performance and benefit for the company.
- Adopt employee and client engagement surveys as a primary tool for measuring performance.
- Ensure that there is a strong bench strength of capabilities across all client facing roles so that existing clients are receiving the highest quality of client servicing
- To establish a business development target & strategy.
- To have a clear plan for new business opportunities and to actively and successfully go after new business in the market.
- To undertake a client profitability review and identify risks and areas for growth
- To have a commercial plan in place to support growth and operate on a financially robust basis
- To evaluate and understand all client contracts, working with the regional EMEA commercial team to ensure best practise is applied to current and new contracts as well as being compliant to commercial guidelines/requirements
- To enhance the product offering and internal capabilities to deliver on the company’s product
- Ensure achievement of annual plans for the adoption of the company’s product.
- Work closely with the EMEA team to ensure there is a clear plan for the adoption of the product.
- Demonstrate and apply strong progressive thinking in the development of our digital product.
- Embrace, champion and execute a structured people plan and talent strategy to ensure that we attract, retain and develop the best talent.
- To ensure that the organisation design is aligned to strategic objectives and that talent plans are in place to support the delivery of market targets.
- Develop market talent into a high performing and cohesive team that makes alignment of the company’s experience sustainable and self-perpetuating.
- To build capabilities in order to develop strong local delivery capabilities and a pipeline of local talent
- Introduce/adapt the relevant “people assets” at the appropriate moments in the agency’s development.
- Partner with all relevant stakeholders in the group/network to introduce a coaching culture to the development of talent and play a full role in encouraging global careers for our superstars.
- Own the annual employee engagement survey results and action plan as required in order to develop a market people strategy.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Client: meet new business targets, retain existing clients, achieve high client satisfaction scores
- People: meet key talent metrics in turnover, engagement, capability and performance
- Commercial: deliver the agreed commercial and financial targets for Nigeria
- Product: meet the delivery plan for the implementation and adoption of the company’s product
• Personal development: positive feedback from manager, peers and clients (where appropriate)