Journey Activation AV Executive
GroupM recently merged two of its leading global networks, MEC and Maxus, to form a brand-new media, content and technology agency – one of the largest in the world. WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So, a job a WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
WAVEMAKER is a leader in its field. We’re in front of transformation, making waves by making bold choices. It means the impact of our choices today creates momentum into the future.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
The future is not only coming, it’s now.
Job Title: Journey Activation Executive, AV
Reporting to: Journey Activation Manager/Director, AV
Key reports: Journey Activation Team, AV
This role sits within the WM AV team. Your role will involve buying campaigns across all AV channels for your Client(s). You will be the one that is closest to the day to day buying and will know your campaigns inside out and pride yourself on the standard of delivery. You will start to be involved in implementational planning and use Wavemaker AV tools to support your proposals. Foremost is accuracy and keeping to timelines across all areas.
Some of the best things about this role:
- Great learning opportunities across TV, Radio, VOD, Youtube & Cinema.
- The satisfaction and responsibility in delivering campaigns.
- The interaction - from being on the phone to a media owner, liaising with your comms team to banter with your AV group
- Working in a close-knit sub team of the agency, giving you great exposure to other media types
- Working on exciting clients including Paramount and Ubisoft, managing campaigns for products that you’d want to buy yourself!
- Campaign management, performance, commercial
- Ensure regular and accurate monitoring of your campaigns, so you can always provide an up to date picture of your delivery.
- Your campaigns should be delivered in line with objectives and to all WM deal parameters
- You will work closely with your manager, highlighting any issues immediately to them.
- Together with your line manager ensure AV spends are booked correctly on the system at the right time and in line with WM financial process.
- Approving campaigns in line with client sign offs, ensuring AB deadlines are adhered to and money is approved accurately
- Knowledge of allocated value pots and how to incorporate them into day to day buying.
- Exposure to late booked campaigns, late changes and negotiating one off spots
- Accurately approve video campaigns, ensuring 3rd party tagging/measurement are in place, tracking and optimizing throughout campaign periods
- Booking radio activity, ensuring media owner schedules match requested plans, negotiating extra value
- AV Strategy and Planning
- Implementational planning across AV channels delivering to the campaign KPIs – previous exposure to TV and radio planning systems, plus VOD buying routes, would be useful.
- Apply WM tools and systems to support your recommendations.
- Briefing out media owners for implementation ideas to support film launches and gaming releases – ensuring we always run different and impactful campaigns!
- Client servicing
- Respond to all client briefs and requests which will include:
- Spot times, highlighting key programmes and demonstrating to the Client how we are buying to the campaign brief.
- Pre//Mid campaign status/ PCAs. Working with your manager to produce insights and learnings
- Develop a good understanding of your Client’s industry sector and their competitors, producing regular competitive reports and updates
- Confidently present Client inductions and PCAs
- AV coordination role – an important part of your visibility within the wider AV team
- Build close relationships within your Client account team
- Build close relationships with Media Owners - regularly meet to keep up to date with developments and actively seek out new trends and product launches.
What we want from you
- Experience in buying AV campaigns across TV and video. Cinema and radio experience is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the AV market, both cross-media and the details within each media type
- Knowledge of basic media tools, to include MediaOcean/DDS, Jet/eTelmar and the TechEdge suite of tools
- Some experience in AV planning – an understanding of why each media channel features on a plan and how basic costings are produced
- A passion for media and a desire to learn
- A go-getter, who works proactively and always wants to work to the best of your ability
- A great communicator, who works well as part of a team
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.