MediaCom MENA | Insights Analyst
WHO YOU ARE:
- A data nerd - you are highly comfortable with basic languages (SQL, Python, R, DAX, excel formulas and macros…) and highly rigorous on your work.
- A business-drive person - you hate building models and dashboard without understanding the needs of the business.
- A people person - you can easily talk, understand and help anyone in the company.
- A pragmatic problem solver - Can you take a complex problem, break it down in simple components, think big but start simple?
- A structured and autonomous worker.
- A communicator - can you interact with product, engineers, customer success in a simple and succinct way?
- A Problem-solver - you have a bias for action and are quick to come up with solutions.
- Construct useful frameworks and analyze data from shopping trips, purchase history demographics, sales data, competitive analysis data, market signals and more to learn strategic insights.
- Compile and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources.
- Sleuth to determine patterns and trends that can be communicated externally.
- Be a SQL expert to help planners and buyers mine data for game-changing learnings about how the clients businesses and industries are moving.
- Present digestible findings internally and/or with clients externally.
- Be able to manage a multi-market approach giving insights that live beyond the geographical boundaries of a market and can live in the digital eco-system.
- Support the new business development team with market insights that can help shape propositions to clients.
- Develop reports to help planners and buyers stay nimble and make strategy recommendations to inform/affect major clients/brands and operational decisions.
- Contribute to the analytics toolkit through iterating on analysis methodology and acting cross functionally to generalize frameworks such as attribution modeling and marketing mix modeling…
- Create output that tells the story behind the data to non-technical team members so they can execute more effectively.
- Ability to understand and develop competitive analysis reporting and transform data set to understandable competitive monitoring reviews with insightly analysis linked to each. Intermediate to advanced understanding of SOV, SOE, Seasonlity, Heat Maps is a plus.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to explain technical insights to technical and non-technical groups.
- SQL, or proven ability to rapidly learn SQL.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Sleuthing and detective ability to find drivers behind the data.
- Statistical or data modeling background a strong plus.
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools is a strong plus.