Data Planning Director - Manchester
GroupM recently merged two of its leading global networks, MEC and Maxus, to form a brand new media, content and technology agency – one of the largest in the world. WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of the future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So a job a WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
WAVEMAKER is a leader in its field. We’re in front of transformation, making waves by making bold choices. It means the impact of our choices today creates momentum into the future.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
The future is not only coming, it’s now.
Job Title:Data Planning Director (Statistical and media mix modelling)
Reporting to:Managing Partner (direct)/ Business Director (direct), depending on level.
Key reports:Direct Reports: TBC, dependent on level of experience
Partial Reports: There is a 6 strong Technoloy and Audience Science tam (TAPP) team in Manchester that works closely with the DIGITAL PLANNING DIRECTOR across all forms of Data and Technology planning.
In addition, Planning and Activation depts. work collaboratively to provide the right inputs and context in order for DPD to produce a sound and compelling output.
Wavemaker IQ is a hybrid analytics and planning team focused on providing planning solutions to clients routed in data and statistical analysis. The two main parts of Wavemaker IQ focus on understanding the drivers of a client’s sales and on the drivers of a client’s brand health.
These 2 core areas allow us to provide recommendations that drive tangible business improvements to our clients. Wavemaker IQ works with a broad range of clients of different scales and industry sectors from large complex advertisers such as Compare the Market, Swinton and Jet2 through to smaller regional advertisers such as TPE. Additionally, Wavemaker IQ looks after a number of other analytics solutions including advanced digital attribution and TV analysis to provide further insight to aid client planning.
Key areas of responsibility
The Data Planning Director role will be responsible for leading modelling projects from initial client brief through to debrief working alongside the WM IQ Manager. This includes:
• Identifying opportunities for Wavemaker IQ products across the Wavemaker client base
• Scoping and selling in projects to clients
• Managing the data collection process
• Creation of models alongside the rest of the TAPP team (where this role sits), with responsibility for understanding the full media mix to give context to modelling outputs.
• Analysis of modelling outputs and creation of client debrief presentations
• Provision of any ongoing support to the client or Wavemaker teams as a result of the modelling
In addition to the individual projects, the Data Planning Director will also support in providing analytics solutions for new business efforts.
2. New business:
• Provide support to new business teams to identify where modelling can be used to improve understanding of the client brief, their business dynamics and/or opportunities for growth and optimization
3. Product development:
• Identify new opportunities to leverage statistical modelling to improve client understanding of marketing performance
• Work with wider TAPP community to identify areas of integration of the Wavemaker IQ products with other analytics and data solutions offered by Wavemaker
• Work with technology specialists to identify opportunities to automate key parts of the modelling process to improve output
• Alongside the Head of WM IQ, manage the forecasting process for Wavemaker IQ working with other teams to ensure consistency in forecasts across the business
• Oversee the billing process for Wavemaker IQ projects to ensure that they are billed on time and correctly
5. Team Management:
• Ongoing development of wider team’s understanding of the Wavemaker IQ products and their uses
Technical Skills & Experience:
• Experience working with statistical modelling with a focus on marketing modelling projects
• Comfortable with a range of technical detail, being able to convey these to non-technical partners
• Expert Excel skills
• Passionate interest in statistical modelling and desire to grow skill set
• Entrepreneurial approach focused on identifying new solutions for clients
• Strong numerical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunities employer. All GroupM agencies are equal opportunities employers and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender identity, disability, culture/religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Other Responsibilities or Expectations:
Data Planning Directors are self-starters and expected to be pro-active in spotting and developing opportunities
ROLE OWNER: Joanna Parnell, Managing Partner
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.