Global Media Lead
Global Media Lead - L'Oreal
Wavemaker is looking to hire a Global Media Lead to run the L'Oreal account across 21 markets.
This is an extremely high profile position within Wavemaker. L’Oreal is Wavemaker’s largest global client. It is also a top 20 global client for WPP. The WPP relationship is housed within “L’Equipe L’Oreal”, a dedicated group of WPP companies that covers media, creative and research.
L’Oreal is a stand out client in terms of size, scope and ambition. Recent years have seen them undergo a comprehensive digital transformation and Wavemaker has been instrumental in helping guide L'Oreal through this journey.
Digital transformation remains a crucial strategic focus for L'Oreal. You will play a fundamental role in the continuation of this journey. L’Oreal are totally committed to building the future of beauty and that means becoming a digital, data and audience based organisation while being able to deliver on the global media fundamentals.
We are ideally looking for this position to be based in Paris. Although we could consider a part London, part Paris scenario.
- Drive the digital transformation agenda - This is a crucial strategic focus and the ultimate measure of success. L’Oreal are totally committed to driving their digital agenda and you will be the point man/woman to help guide them through this journey.
- Be a trusted and respected advisor to L'Oreal's key central clients - Much of your time will be spent working with the Global Media and Digital team. You will also have to expand your relationship to the Global Brand Teams, with your role to be helping them determine the key areas of focus and deliver clarity and purpose to every project and work-stream.
- Lead the central team - You will have a team of 3+ FTE based with you in Paris and an extended team of 8 FTE in London. This team is responsible for all central client engagement and the delivery of all global commercial and trading commitments. Your will manage and motivate the team such that Wavemaker's objectives and expectations are clear and that L’Oreal are receiving the service they require and rightly expect.
Business Partner 21 local markets - Wavemaker work with L’Oreal in 21 markets. You will bring the best of Wavemaker and GroupM to L’Oreal in every market. You will be seen as a true partner to the markets, sharing best practise in all areas and working together to drive L'Oreal's business objectives.
- You will come from a multi-market background, ideally with strong experience / knowledge of the UK, US and Chinese markets.
- You will ideally have beauty, fashion or wider luxury client experience.
- Experience of driving innovation for your clients as well as experience of driving digital transformation for your clients.
- Strong media agency background and knowledge. If coming from clientside then you will have strong experience in working hand in hand with your media agency in terms of driving media and commercial strategies (within a multi-market environment).
- High levels of EQ, with the ability to elvate client relationships to trusted partner status.
- Experienced traditional and digital media practitioner
- Proven network management
- Excellent knowledge of GroupM and WPP products (or ability to learn quickly)
- Capable of both leading and collaborating within WPP horizontal projects
- Both service and commercially driven – adept at achieving the right balance with clients
- Strong networking skills and capable of initiating relationships with a broad group of client stakeholders
- Proven in developing and delivering pragmatic (not theoretical) guidelines and ways of working across markets in very short turn-arounds