Planning and Performance Manager
G-Research is at the forefront of a wave of quantitative investment firms applying scientific methods, machine learning, big data and technology to predict returns in financial markets. The success of this quantitative research and investment platform has driven the rapid growth of the business in the last 7 years from 100 employees to over 500 today, and still growing.
We operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which requires our management structure and systems to be highly adaptable while providing accountability and control.
The aim of our management systems is to align high-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations. We do this by operating and continuously improving a management system which:
- Cascades strategies and goals through the organisation
- Provides rapid feedback loops at all levels of management
- Supports constant innovation, experimentation and adaption to a broad range of management challenges and workflows
- Enables managers to manage resources, prioritise and manage workflow in a fast-paced, agile environment.
We are looking for an experienced Planning & Performance Manager to manage a constantly evolving management toolkit to:
1. Enable managers of research, software engineering and technology teams to maximise output of the resources available to them
2. Align goals and activities across the organisation
3. Enable effective cross-functional cooperation and execution
You will work closely with all levels of management to understand requirements, develop solutions to help integrate new techniques and approaches developed by innovators in tech and software engineering.
We use planning and performance data to inform management decisions and enable rapid resolution of issues. Recognising the value of automated, real-time data and analytics to identify improvements, you will work closely with the Business Analytics team to ensure high quality planning data is available and contribute to the development of management reporting.
Who are we looking for?
You will have experience of using agile enterprise, project and team management methods, tools and metrics. Familiarity with leading management tools for a variety of workflows, including software development and IT projects. Have a broad understanding of new research on modern planning techniques. Having analytic ability and familiarity with analytics packages (Excel, Tableau etc.) will be an advantage. You will have an excellent academic record with MBA or degree from a top-tier institution.
Based in the heart of Central London, we are served by 5 stations and 6 tube lines, with the closest station Goodge Street within seconds of the office. With the vibrant West End close by, you are in walking distance of many top London attractions, theatres and shopping districts.
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Relaxed environment with an informal dress code
- Rapidly growing and highly successful organization applying cutting edge data science techniques
- Top private healthcare
- Pension scheme