The Materials Specialist will be responsible for implementing and monitoring procedures to ensure inventory integrity and accuracy at external locations by mitigating obstacles and driving performance to meet Gogo objectives. The ideal candidate will have outstanding analytical and communication skills and will be able to work cross functionally with suppliers, airlines and across the company. Out of the box thinking, as well as inventory control experience will be necessary to be successful in this role.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Conduct daily analyses to anticipate and resolve potential inventory problems.
· Develop and implement inventory control procedures and best practices for Gogo’s inventory and assets located at either suppliers, maintenance depots or airlines.
· Conduct physical counts as required.
· Perform root cause analysis on inventory discrepancies by interacting with team members, suppliers, maintenance depots and customers.
· Establish controls to eliminate discrepancies.
· Work with accounting team to ensure completeness of the monthly financial statements and variance explanations.
· Analyze shrink related information and generate periodic reports for management.
· Report, monitor and review daily inventory adjustments and changes.
· Resolve inventory discrepancies, problem orders and intercompany transfer issues.
· Bachelor's degree preferred
· Minimum 5 years inventory control experience
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and attention to timeliness and accuracy
· Strong problem solving skills with track record to meet deliverables and project deadlines
· Strong quantitative and analytical problem solving skills
· Ability to manage competing priorities effectively, making good decisions based on business priorities and objectives
· Ability to travel approximately 30%
· Excellent organization and prioritization skills
· Previous Navision experience a plus
· Ability to work independently with precise detail and follow-up reporting
· Demonstrated analytical, organizational and communication skills.
· Highly proficient in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
Physical Demands, Work Environment and other Requirements:
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk, and hear. Will be required to travel.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.