Satcom Project Manager
- Internal engineering organization task facilitation while contributing to engineering discussions and decision making
- Management of vendors and service providers to propose and establish the suitability of hardware and/or network architectures to satisfy service requirements
- Coordinate SATCOM integration engineering activities internally and with vendors and/or commercial teleport personnel
- Interface closely with RF and software development teams to ensure that all system level performance requirements are met
- Manage overall project plan ensuring tracking to strategic deliverables
- Develop relationships with internal teams including operations, engineering, PMO, marketing, quality, finance, and other teams to manage inter-dependencies
- Conduct regular cross-functional SATCOM project meetings to review and update project logistics, schedule, and objectives. Assure early problem identification and implementation of corrective actions.
- Ensure all project plans are up-to-date and complete with respect to schedule, cost estimations, and status
- Lead discussions with project participants and stakeholders on significant future improvements or changes. Research lessons learned, and best practices.
- Take a proactive stance by developing contingency plans for potential risk and identifying contingency plan deployment criteria to resolve potential problems
- 5+ years of SatCom related engineering experience
- Experience with radome design, testing, and FAA certification highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of aviation standards and testing preferred (e.g. ARINC and DO160)
- Must have demonstrated application of integrated project management, technical consistent processes, risk management, and product development (leading groups of varying disciplines)
- Extensive practical knowledge of project management theory, concepts, theory of constraints, critical path methodology, project risk management, and project scope management
- Must understand relationship of his/her projects to other development projects, defining strategic plans to leverage the investments across the business unit
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills, critical thinker, and self-starter
- Must be capable of representing Gogo to vendors and the customers
- Superior communications skills with all levels of employees and both internal and external customers-including presentations, negotiations, and written reports
- Work experience with Agile development methodology and JIRA preferred
Gogo’s worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse group of technologists, marketers, strategists, and any other function you can think of- all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and its travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared for a dynamic ride with people who are passionate about what they’re building.
Gogo is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition or disability. The EEO is the law and is available here.