Customer Operations Data Analyst
The Customer Operations Data Analyst is responsible for the data collection, data integrity, and creation of data visualization tools to monitor, analyze and project performance of Gogo systems for internal or external customers. The Data Analyst role doesn’t just present numbers, they are expected to provide key insights or trends emanating from the data to make recommendations on new or changes to services, continuous improvement and/or operational efficiencies.
The Data Analyst will be part of the Gogo Business Aviation Market Intelligence (MI) team as a data analyst advocate ensuring that all performance monitoring and analysis capabilities are in place. You will play a collaborative role throughout the organization to ensure that the appropriate solutions are made available to Gogo Business Aviation customers and to our internal partners.
COME ON BOARD THE GOGO BUSINESS AVIATION OPERATIONS TEAM!
How will you make a difference?
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to gain deep understanding of their business to ensure you develop metrics and OKRs consistent with their requirements and priorities
- Where appropriate, increase MI team’s efficiency by developing and educating key stakeholders about available “self-service tools” to ensure data is quickly and readily available to them without MI team intervention needed
- Effectively document sources and methods to ensure team continuity when you are not available
- Conduct critical analysis of key performance indicators to aid with continuous improvement efforts related to network quality and performance
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, telecommunications, mathematics or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in a technical role or as a Data Analyst
Required Skills, Experience and Talents
- Proficient in data preparation; including the sourcing, acquisition, integration, and validation of integrity for data necessary to support business operations
- Coding skills in languages such as SQL, Python and/or R
- Reporting and data visualization skills using software like Tableau
- Understanding of data warehousing and ETL techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, R, etc.)
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings
- Ability to work independently to clarify requests, collect and process data from existing and new sources, and work with other groups to understand underlying issues, driving towards completion of stated goals, seeking information and guidance where required
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms and vice versa
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Handle efficiently multiple tasks and projects
- Exhibit management courage with confidence to respectfully challenge decisions that are not consistent with data results
Desired Skills, Experience and Talents
- Previous experience working in a wireless network carrier operational environment preferred
- Experience in operating data quality frameworks and procedures to improve data quality across the organization
- Knowledge of Python or other scripting language a plus
- SQL programming experience is highly desirable
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.