Software Engineer-Linux Networking & Routing
The Gogo Business Aviation Software Engineer-Linux Networking & Routing will be responsible for designing and developing production quality software for new products and new features for existing products in a Linux platform environment as part of an Agile Scrum development team. This position also requires sustaining support development of existing products.
How will you make a difference?
- Design software features for new products or extend design of existing products, including selection and integration of third-party technologies, particularly open source. Features may be low level system features or front-end GUI.
- Create high and low level design documentation. Ensure requirements can be traced to system-level requirements and into system test cases.
- Develop and maintain software with expertise with one or more of the following languages on Linux: C, C++, Python and Linux scripting languages. Python required.
- May participate in establishing and maintaining software build environment and source code repository for assigned projects.
- Conduct design reviews and code inspections.
- Assist in development of manual and automated tests to support product test.
- Work in an agile team environment with daily scrum meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineer or equivalent experience.
- 5-7+ years of software development experience, preferably in a data communications/telecommunications environment.
- Works effectively in a very senior software engineering team.
Required Skills, experience and Talents
- Strong application development skills in Linux environments, utilizing C, C++, Python and Linux scripting languages. GUI development tools. Python experience is required.
- Experience as a Software Engineer developing software and utilizing open source packages in data communications or telecommunications systems.
- Knowledge of Linux container concepts especially docker related.
- Relevant software configuration management skills and tools experience using Git.
- Takes pride in his/her skills in estimating and driving projects to completion.
Preferred Skills, Experience and Talents
- Linux networking including routing, iptables, traffic shaping, QoS, DHCP, and DNS.
- Experience shipping product and supporting it in the field.
- Jenkins automation build and test environment.
- Experience in one or more of the following is preferred:
- Strong background in developing software implementing communication protocols.
- Experience with telecommunication protocols and applications including voice processing, PBX and SIP especially using Asterisk
- Experience with Linux kernel drivers
- Experience with Linux kernel networking
- Experience with 802.11ac wireless networking
- Experience in Avionics and ARINC protocols
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.