Senior Software Engineer-Backend
As a Gogo Business Aviation Senior Software Developer-Backend you will contribute to a development team creating and growing our ground infrastructure to enable connected aircraft. You will design and code our portal applications to provide ground-based services to our customers, airborne products, and internal stakeholders. Additionally, you will work with the latest cloud technologies in AWS and big data pipelines in a highly Agile and collaborative setting.
COME ON BOARD THE GOGO BUSINESS AVIATION ENGINEERING TEAM!
How will you make a difference?
- Implement the features and functionality of Gogo Business Aviation products
- Hands on development position – 80% of time coding
- Build traditional and serverless applications on AWS Platform using services including EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, and S3
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver value to our customers
- Provide Level of Effort estimates for requirements
- Track project tasks, provide status updates and ensure tasks completed on schedule
- Troubleshoot defects and code resolutions
- Contribute to process improvements, including researching and introducing new development tools
- Guide implementation of best practices for application design/development
- Strong SCRUM/Agile work ethic – Ability to contribute productively to a fast-paced development team, delivering demonstrable code in 2-week sprints
- Comprehensively unit test your code
- Contribute to a healthy and collaborative development team with a committed work ethic
- 5+ years of experience with software development
- 3+ years of experience working with any of the following languages: Java/OOP Languages, NodeJS, Python
- 2+ years of experience in an AWS environment
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Required Skills, Experience and Talents
- Hands on experience developing server-side applications and API’s
- Experience designing and implementing architectural patterns, specifically microservice
- Unit testing and TDD best practices with tools like Junit, Mockito, Spock, Jest, Karma, Jasmine
- Experience with CI/CD, using SCM tools such as Git as well as an understanding of Gitflow
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL database technologies
Preferred Skills, Experience and Talents
- Hands on experience with NoSQL database like Dynamo, Mongo, or Cassandra
- Familiarity with Golang
- Experience and/or interest in telecommunications and/or aviation industries
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.