As Program Manager at Gogo, you will be responsible for the full program lifecycle of major IFEC technology programs from inception through deployment. The Program Manager will not just manage the program lifecycle but also lead cross-functional teams through systems-level expertise, develop partnerships across the organization and influence lasting change with a Lean-Agile mindset to deliver Gogo’s vision to the market.
· Overall program governance, ensuring delivery of key objectives on plan and within budget.
· Develop and maintain partnerships across the entire organization to manage interdependencies and risk. Key partners include Development, Quality, Product, Account Management and Operations, and may include vendors and/or external stakeholders.
· Analyze data sources to proactively identify risks and opportunities, driving teams to the best path forward.
· Lead technology programs in line with PM best practices across methodologies to provide clear and transparent planning, status and future forecasting.
· Interpret complex scenarios to communicate the most impactful message for the audience.
· Ensure regulatory, quality and procedural compliance with every program.
· Participate in negotiation of vendor contracts/changes, Statements of Work, Request for Proposals and proposal evaluation.
· Review program proposals and plans to determine technical practicality, funding limitations, business implications, procedures for accomplishing programs, resource requirements and general technical input as required.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
· 10-15 years of experience managing programs.
· Creative, self-starting critical thinker with practical problem solving and strategic positioning skills.
· Experience managing multiple software development lifecycle methodologies (ex., Waterfall, Agile, SAFe, DevOps).
· Extensive practical knowledge of Project/Program Management theory and concepts, including resource constraints, Budget Management, Critical Path Management, Risk Management, Scope Management, Communications Management, Work and Resource Breakdown Structure creation, SCRUM and SAFe team rituals.
· Experience running programs using the following technologies:
- Web Services, Web APIs, and microservices
- SQL and NoSQL based solutions
- Cloud deployments, containers, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- SOAP and RESTful services
- Satellite-based TV services and/or IFE systems
· Ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Superior communications skills with all levels of employees and both internal and external customers, including presentations, negotiations, and written reports.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining view on the strategic direction and being as detailed as needed. Willing and able to get down in the details “to make things happen.”
· Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding schedule constraints and technically challenging programs.
· Experience with IFE preferred.
· Experience in both start-ups and consolidated companies is preferred.
· Wireless telecommunication experience, satellite, and/or cellular a plus.
· Knowledge of avionics, OEM aircraft installation, and/or data analytics a plus.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.