As a Systems Integration Test Engineer at Gogo, you will be responsible for the full software quality lifecycle of major capability programs (IFC/IFE, IPTV, Airline Operations) from initial kick off through rollout and launch. You will be accountable for driving two strategic quality objectives; 1) Increasing Service Availability 2) Production Defect Containment. Further, expand your technical expertise on Gogo’s ATG/ATG4/GGV/KU/2KU/IPTV/NextGen LTE technologies. You will be a key voice for SW quality for the IFC/IFE systems. Your focus will be System Level quality assessment; driving improvements cross-functionally.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Quality focus on system quality including operational excellence and strengthening fields maintenance activities
- Understand, follow, and improve test strategies, methodologies (DevOps/Agile) and procedures that validate product features, using test plans and functional specifications, based on the system requirements
- Hands-on with Continuous Integration, Continuous Test and Unit/System Level Automation
- Design test plans, create schedules, execute test cases and provide daily/weekly status on QA activities
- Provide technical guidance and risk assessment in design, test plan, quality, and capability readiness reviews
- Follow the STLC and Defect management process
- Implement modern automated framework and drive test efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding schedule constraints and technically challenging programs
- College degree and 3-10 years of Quality Assurance experience
- Strong knowledge on Six Sigma (DMAIC) process
- Driving quality metrics and identifying improvement opportunities
- Work in dynamic, fast-paced environment with multitasking on various fronts
- Cross functional team experience- working with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and Airline Technical Operations – Installation & Maintenance.
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and Testing processes
- Good knowledge on certifications (AS9110/AS9115/DO178 line-fit)
- Strong networking background with CCNA/CCNE certifications
- Solid working knowledge on TCP/IP, Packet Capture/WireShark, Schenick, iPerf, iMonitor, LGT
- Hands-on Linux/Unix Shell, Perl, Python, Java Scripting; WebSockets, AWS, Webapps
- Working knowledge on KU Satellite Communication: Antenna, Modem, ACU, RF
- Experience on JAMA , JIRA and Agile tools
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills, critical thinker, and self-starter
Superior communications skills with all levels of employees and both internal and external customers-including presentations, negotiations, and written reports
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.