Sr. Aircraft Electrical Engineer
Responsible for generating, checking and approving electrical drawings (i.e. Wiring Diagrams, Harness Assembly, Routing and Clamping) for modifications to commercial/private aircraft. Provide technical leadership and electrical designs on assigned programs. Serve as primary Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all technical aspects relating to aircraft electrical systems. Responsible for providing mentoring support and guidance to Associate Engineers and Designers.
· Accomplish detailed electrical design of aircraft equipment installations and alterations (antennas, avionics equipment, interior components).
· Prepare and/or check documentation as necessary to satisfy customer, company and regulatory requirements.
· Work to quickly resolve electrical manufacturing and installation problems.
· Formulate, implement and track engineering programs to achieve overall goals, technical requirements, schedules, contracts, specifications or for problems encountered in design, development and installation.
· Monitor and report status versus requirements.
· Provide electrical engineering guidance/counsel and communicate program information within the organization and supporting groups.
· Create department standards/processes and provide follow-on training
· Perform additional duties as directed.
· Requires knowledge of AutoCAD and drawing development. SolidWorks experience a plus.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Requires working knowledge of and experience with aircraft design methodologies and practices.
· Must be able to work either alone or as part of a team to solve problems.
· 8+ years’ experience working on commercial aircraft completions or modifications.
· Experience dealing with the FAA ACO and FAA DER’s/DAR’s.
· Understanding of Electro-Magnetic Interference between electrical systems
· Must be a self-starter with the ability to generate alternative ideas.
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
· Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% (domestic and international)
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
· Degree in Electrical Engineering
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.