Aircraft Electrical Engineer
- Responsible for engineering IFE/IFC projects within the Systems Installation group from an Electrical design standpoint; from system design to integration to installation.
- Responsible for engineering, designing and developing Electrical installation engineering documentation based on customer and regulatory requirements.
- Design and develop in-flight entertainment/connectivity equipment electrical installation engineering documentation to support airline customer s requirements. Documentation includes Aircraft Wiring Diagrams, Cable Assemblies, Wire Removal Drawings and Electrical Load Analysis Reports, etc.
- Provide support for planning, customer meetings, preliminary design review PDR , critical design review CDR , aircraft surveys, aircraft installations, etc.
- Support Certification, Installation, Program Management, Marketing and other departments to coordinate program requirements.
- Work with external Engineering groups to integrate third-party vendor equipment with own systems.
- Ability to use AutoCAD to perform design responsibilities for wiring assemblies and wiring installation drawings, etc.
- Provide inputs to Drafters for systems design criteria to support aircraft installations. Assist in the guidance and direction for problem solving to Drafters.
- Applies knowledge of equipment, Avionics Wiring and installation requirements to develop unique system wiring solutions.
- Support integrated supply chain with manufacturability and obsolescence issues, product transitions to new suppliers and cost savings initiatives.
- BSEE or related technical field or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience in aviation industry. Experience with Wiring Harness Assembly drawings, Wire Routing and installation in transport category aircraft.
- Proficient with AutoCAD. Experience with Solid Works and Pro E is a plus
- Extensive experience with complex avionics systems
- Must have extensive knowledge of Avionics component parts utilized in the design and manufacture of cable assemblies (i.e. connectors, contacts, wire types).
- Must have extensive knowledge of components and parts utilized in the installation design of cable assemblies.
- Must have a high understanding of airline regulatory guidelines and design requirements for aircraft wiring
- Shall possess total System Integration knowledge
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface with customers, vendors, and other internal departments.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.