Director, Airline Sales
In this position you will be responsible for the dual roles of promoting Gogo’s IFE and IFC products to secure new airline customers within the Americas region, as well as assisting as directed other regions with technical product expertise. The position will include other responsibilities such as developing the aircraft leasing company channel sales strategy, OEM sales team strategy/relationships, and others as directed. This position is responsible for coordinating the organization to meet the division’s targets for airlines signing up for Gogo’s IFC and IFE products and services.
Describe primary responsibilities of this role that occur regularly throughout the year
· As a Director of Sales at Gogo, you will lead sales of Gogo’s IFC and IFE products to primarily secure new airline customers as well as assist in retaining and growing existing airline customer relationships. This position is responsible for coordinating the organization to meet the division’s targets for airlines signing up for Gogo’s IFC and IFE products and services, including building and executing Americas region sales plans to achieve goals.
· Ideal candidate has 10+ years’ experience in the aviation or IFEC industry, and has successfully transitioned from an engineering or other technical background into a customer-facing role with a strong track record of contracting success.
· Develop strategic relationships to secure new airline customers for Gogo’s IFE and IFC products and services to all target airlines in the region.
· Collaborating in the management of and remain actively involved in all sales related activities in the region including managing, defining win strategies for and responding to RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs.
· Able to lead efforts internally with product, sales operations, finance and others to build and deliver business cases in order to drive toward successful closing of airline contracts and other business opportunities.
· Professional representation of Gogo at industry and OEM trade shows and events.
· Be an active influence within the airline community via presentations, speeches, teaching sessions, etc.
· Deep understanding of and relationships with key individuals at airlines in the region is strongly beneficial.
· Develop and maintain technical details of competitor products and business models on behalf of Global Sales team, as well as maintain deep technical subject matter expertise of Gogo products and systems.
Required Education and Experience
Identify the minimum education and experience required to perform the role
· Ten+ years’ experience in the aviation industry, ideally selling IFC/IFE into commercial airline customers
· Proven history of success in enterprise sales and/or large account relationship management
· Experience managing large enterprise and complex deal structures. Ability to recognize each prospect and deal is different and that it potentially can take years to close on new business
· Ability to develop a regional sales strategy, making advocates of supporting company teams
· Experienced at building, coaching and motivating professional, B2B sales teams
· Dynamic, motivated and goal oriented
· Ability to mediate, negotiate and be persuasive
· Analytical and solutions oriented – i.e. strong ability to work with prospects, clients and internal teams (product, engineering, finance) to devise and implement deals that work well for all parties.
· Ability to represent Gogo’s products and services effectively to the airlines; ability to write clear, concise proposals, reports and correspondence to effectively work with external and internal customers
· Comfortable working in a distributed setting with the ability to be self-reliant and work highly independently
· Excellent organizational skills and a structured work ethic to ensure that planning and forecasting tasks are properly completed
· Strong knowledge and experience in satellite industry and aero-industry IFEC products and systems
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills are required
· English as primary language with Spanish or Portuguese fluency a plus.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent work experience in a technology related field
- MBA or equivalent a plus
The position requires up to 25% travel throughout the Americas region, with occasional APAC/EMEA travel.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.