Manager, NPI & Global Supply Chain
The New Product Introduction (NPI) Global Supply Chain Manager is focused on new product introductions (NPI) and global supply chain strategy and execution as part of the Production Operations team. This highly visible cross-functional role will engage directly with Sales, Marketing, Hardware and Software Engineering, Product Management, Finance, Program Management, and Quality Operations. Success in this role will be measured against the readiness of Gogo Business Aviation to launch and deliver products on time, with speed, agility and uncompromised quality while selecting the “best value” partners/suppliers throughout our supply chain.
Come on board the Production Operations Team!
How will you make a difference?
- Lead/Manage NPI Program Management and the Procurement Organization
- Work with Gogo Commercial Aviation to leverage economies of scale as able
- For each assigned project, define a NPI Program Manager and oversee tasks managed by these individuals
- Develop and execute NPI and Supply Chain strategy for the Production Operations organization that aligns with Gogo’s strategy
- Provide monthly reporting to senior leadership for assigned programs
- Work with the Program Management organization to develop project schedules, provide inputs on business case and transition plans to manage new product introductions through detailed design, into contract manufacturing ramp start and full volume production
- Ensure that the demand forecast is met with no gap in production or product availability.
- Perform analysis of historical and forecasted demand to be used in supply agreements with key suppliers
- Develop and maintain a qualified supply base (AVL)
- Develop and deploy cost reduction/profit improvement plans with suppliers that directly impact yearly economic performance to achieve business goals
- Prepare business cases, including ROI models, and effectively present rational for cost savings opportunities to senior leadership
- Evaluate supplier capabilities and capacities within assigned product categories and makes source selection decisions based on pre-established qualitative/quantitative criteria
- Maintain organized records of supplier contract agreements
- Develop and maintain supply chain metrics inclusive of action plan(s) to improve supplier performance where applicable
- Negotiate supplier contracts utilizing effective negotiation and communication skills. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure that contracts achieve business goals and achieve maximum profitability for Gogo Business Aviation
- Develop and implement a methodology for Gogo BA NPI program management and supply management to efficiently launch new programs into the global supply chain
- Coach and mentor a small team
- BS degree in Industrial, Systems, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of industry experience in one or more of the following fields: NPI, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Operations, Development, Quality Operations, Operations Engineering
- 5 years of demonstrated leadership experience that includes a minimum of 2 years of direct management experience
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally to contract manufacturers/suppliers
Required Skills, Experience and Talents
- Outstanding communication skills and business acumen
- Knowledge of manufacturing (electronics PCBA assembly, box level integration and test, sheet metal & machining), contract manufacturing, design for manufacturability and testability, and quality management systems in a regulated industry
- Excellent analytical, quantitative reasoning, problem solving, creativity and strategic skills
Preferred Skills, Experience and Talents
- MBA or MS in Industrial, Systems, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations Engineering or other relevant fields
- Experience working with global and cross-functional internal and external teams
- Knowledge of typical hardware BOMs, engineering drawing interpretation, process documentation and assembly and test processes and direct knowledge and experience in multiple aspects of hardware and software operations
- Experience using an ERP system in a Production Operations capacity
- Lean/Six Sigma trained (e.g. Green Belt, Black Belt, Master Black Belt)
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.