Test Automation Engineer
The Test Automation Engineer will have an opportunity to contribute to the development of the vast array of products and services Gogo provides to its customers. The opportunities could range from testing a media server/entertainment system for the aviation industry through testing the business support systems.
If you want to be part of a team that develops test automation from the ground up, then come on-board the Gogo Business Aviation Software Test team!
How will you make a difference?
- Automation QA Position scripting and executing test cases
- Testing applications that run on embedded systems
- Testing application on multiple platforms including tablets, phones and laptops
- Testing business system applications which support internal and external customers
- Troubleshoot defects and code resolutions
- Contribute to highly innovate teams that work with a “Get it Done” work ethic
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies as well as use “Agile” techniques to manage and complete user features
- Ability to contribute productively to a fast-paced development team, delivering tested code in 2 week increments
- Hunger for learning!
- Bachelor in CS or equivalent work experience
- Ability to write unit tests
- Minimum 1 year working experience or internship
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with the entire Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to work in fast paced, highly dynamic agile environment
- Understanding of basic algorithms, data structure, control statements, time complexity, and design patterns
- Basic computer network knowledge
- Proficiency in Java or a java related language (Scala, Groovy, Kotlin)
- Operational understanding of Android and iOS smartphones
- Basic Working knowledge of common web service protocols, such as REST and JSON
- Operational knowledge of Linux/Unix
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with Behavioral Driven Development and Cucumber
- Can run pre-existing automated tests for existing scenarios
- Skills and/or interest in the aviation and/or Telecommunications industries
- Ability to write test cases and/or scenarios from requirements
- Work experience in a CI/CD environment
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.