Supplier Program Manager
As a Gogo Commercial Aviation, Supplier Program Manager in the Global Supply Chain group you will be the primary interface to the Engineering and Program Management teams with the responsibility for the successful execution and transition of Airborne products throughout the product lifecycle. You are well-versed in Production and Contract Manufacturing (CM) environments and will be the liaison between Global Supply Chain and Program Management.
Gogo’s programs, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Supplier Program Manager at Gogo, you lead complex, multi-functional Airline products from prototype to production. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher programs through the entire program lifecycle. This includes working with the Program Manager (PM) and Engineering teams to develop supplemental schedules, drive tasks and clearly communicate goals within the Production Operations and Global Supply Chain teams. Your programs often spans offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the program's progress and deadlines.
How will you make a difference?
- Plan and execute prototype builds (LRU/box and aircraft engineering level) and ensure that products transition to production within cost, quality and schedule parameters. Continue to drive costs and lead time out of the product with a learning curve.
- Lead cross-functional teams within the Production and Global Supply Chain group to prepare for production ramp and/or product transitions from prototype to production.
- Drive production readiness with internal teams and external partners via gate reviews throughout the product lifecycle.
- Develop supplemental schedules that drive program execution within the Production and Global Supply Chain groups.
- Represent Production and Global Supply Chain during the ECR, ECO and CCB process to ensure that initial design releases and design changes are executable from both a DFx and Schedule perspective
- Ensure that design changes are executed in accordance with the ECO change function throughout the product lifecycle.
- Drive DFx throughout the product Lifecycle which will include Design For: Manufacturing, Test, Procurement, Repair Station, and Logistics.
- Negotiates tasks, and schedule spans on prototype builds to ensure that program schedules document all tasks and are achievable for the Production Operations and Supply Chain teams.
- Provide support for products in a sustaining environment ensuring that ECOs are incorporated into the design without impacting cost, schedule or quality.
- Manage Supplier Performance via Scorecards and process improvement plans.
- Drive Advanced Material Ordering (AMO) process during to prototype phase to ensure that materials are procurable within the specified amount of time set forth in the program schedule.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations. MBA or MS Preferred in Industrial, Systems, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations Engineering or other relevant fields.
- 5 years of industry experience in one or more of the following fields: New Product Introduction, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Operations, Development, Program Management or Operations Engineering.
- Available for up to 50% travel
Required skills, experience and talents
- Experience in working with global and cross-functional internal and external teams.
- Experience in Sourcing, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and program management
- Knowledge of typical Hardware BOMs, Engineering drawing interpretation, process documentation and assembly and test processes.
- Strong Knowledge in Engineering Change Management and Configuration Management.
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Understanding manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Strong negotiation and influential skills
- Ability to present data effectively
- Excellent analytical, quantitative reasoning, problem solving, creativity and strategic skills.
Preferred skills, experience and talents
- Prior experience with electromechanical manufacturing in an Avionics or in a regulated industry.
- Program/Project Management Experience for electromechanical projects. PMP certification a plus!
- Agile Product Lifecycle Management strongly preferred.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.