CONTRACT - VoIP Engineer
The Gogo Business Aviation CONTRACT VoIP Engineer will be responsible for Gogo’s Voip platform including Gogo Text and Talk, Business Voice Talk and Gogo Biz Voice. You will become the subject matter expert for Voip platform and services. You will administer network Voip equipment, Voip circuits, Oracle Acme SBC, Accuris, VMware, health check systems and manage the relationship between Gogo and our vendors.
If this technology sounds funs and exciting, join our customer operations team!
How will you make a difference?
- Maintain the day-to-day operations of Gogo Text and Talk, Business Voice Talk and Gogo Biz Voice.
- Work with the Network Engineering team to integrate Voip platform and development in the data centers.
- Provide tier 4 level of support on escalations and Voip-related network issues.
- Maintain the Voip-related performance metrics by responding to alarms and errors trends.
- Setup and maintain monitoring and billing systems including health checks and billing parsing scripts.
- Bachelors degree in telecom, networking or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years experience working on Voip platform at a carrier-level.
- 6-months contract availability
Required Skills, Experience and Talents
- Must have solid understanding and hands on experience in SS7, SIP, RTP/RTCP, Asterisk, Dial Plans, Kamilio and Nagios.
- Must have experience capturing and reviewing packets to identify problems affecting the call quality or the call connection.
- Very strong networking background with Cisco IOS
- Solid experience in VMware setup and maintenance.
- Experience working with multiple vendors during critical escalations.
- Experience in Linux OS at administrator level.
- Strong scripting
- Track record of being a key contributor in successful projects.
- Must have good attitude toward helping internal and external customers.
- Excel in high-pressure and demanding situations.
- Great team work attitude.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.