Vice President of Product Management
The Vice President of Product Management will take a senior leadership role in the development and evolution of Gogo’s innovative product and service offerings for the Business Aviation division.
Working with sales, prospects, customers, industry groups, third-party providers and internal development, this position will drive the vision, direction, creation and implementation of a multi-year product and service roadmap that achieves the Company’s strategy and financial goals. You will also work with senior executives to resolve resource conflicts and develop product line strategic direction.
We are looking for a dynamic Product Leader who will mentor and advocate for the Product evangelists.
You are not applying to some basic technology company, you are applying to a powerhouse that is leading and changing the face of the aviation industry!
COME ON BOARD THE BUSINESS AVIATION TEAM!
How will you make a difference?
- Manage and develop the product management team
- Identify and act as a champion for new or improved products and services through market and competitive analysis and customer needs assessments
- Evangelize the project rationale and customer point of view through development process
- Develop market strategies, product descriptions and business case analyses for new products and services
- Manage and prioritize the product requirements process, converting input from customers, prospects, partners, sales, engineering, external market trends and competitors into a cohesive set of “features and functions” that are market-driven and can be feasibly delivered through internal development or relationships with third parties
- Work within Marketing and Sales to develop, implement and support launch strategies, marketing programs and pricing and promotion programs for products and services on an ongoing basis
- Master’s Degree and/or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of Business Aviation experience
- 7+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience
Required Skills, experience and talents
- Strong blend of business, marketing and technical experience, with a proven, successful background in defining new products and bringing them successfully to market
- Experience with Agile development, software and hardware development
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Superb leadership and people skills – demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively in technical and non-technical environments
Desired Skills, experience and talents
- Product Management or Product Marketing specific experience in business aviation highly desired
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.