This position will develop and manage procurement strategy along key verticals for Gogo by collaborating with internal and external customers in tailoring Supply Chain strategies to leverage opportunities, mitigate obstacles and drive performance to meet Gogo objectives. This manager will work closely with Design Engineering, Operations, Quality, Project Management and Finance to provide leadership and support for turnkey vendor partner management including: end to end supplier management, vendor selection, relationship management, escalation point, feedback/KPI management and contract compliance. This position will also work with stakeholders to manage supplier products through their entire life cycle from new product introduction to end of life. This manager position is instrumental in Gogo’s overall strategy to provide operational excellence and quality products and services to all of its customers.
- Manage and drive the supplier sourcing for new product introductions including the scope development, the RFP process and supplier selection evaluations.
- Assess supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfillment ensuring suppliers are able to meet requirements for performance, quality, cost and delivery and other applicable customer and internal system and reputation requirements
- Collaborate with suppliers, Gogo engineering and quality to design new products
- Assist with new product launch by working with suppliers to ensure that key milestones are achieved
- Drive product improvements from engineering & quality through suppliers and managing the product continuous improvement cycle.
- Interface with internal teams to prioritize supplier development needs by technology to improve cost competitiveness or supply constraints
- Research external market information and companies to identify potential sources and suppliers
- Drive supplier selection through robust qualification processes
- Manage & track the supplier scorecards and supplier’s performance indicators, based on their scorecards and rankings, to facilitate and develop the supply base’s ability to consistently meet or exceed defined expectations and to deliver value.
- Support all early lifecycle development projects and provide design for manufacturability and testability feedback to the design team. Participate in all design reviews and review and approve all designs.
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with Engineering & Quality organizations to manage, implement and track supplier/engineering, design changes, capacity studies and New Product Introductions, and transfers
- Work with engineering and at suppliers to develop cost models.
- Deliver results as measured by key metrics, such as supplier yield, field cost, field defect rate, supplier quality plan engagement/effectiveness, and corrective & preventative action closure
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to sourcing and development of suppliers with respect to technology, performance, quality, cost, logistics and delivery
- Provide leadership during investigations of major problems and or special projects focusing on developing working relationships with suppliers and the supply chain with regard to product development and procurement of parts
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required. MBA in business discipline is preferred.
- 5-7 years of procurement for new product introductions in the aviation/aerospace industry
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills with track record to meet deliverables and project deadlines.
- Lean/Six Sigma trained. (e.g. Green Belt, Black Belt, Master Black Belt)
- Vast experience with cross functional management especially with engineering teams.
- 5S/Lean manufacturing and ERP/MRP systems.
- Strong negotiations and influential skills.
- Numerically astute with strong problem-solving skills and expertise to develop and execute objectives for self and others and the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals
- Persuasive and excellent communicator (oral and written) with suppliers and company top management.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinker. Ability to turn raw data into actionable insights and direction.
- Competency in Microsoft Office with high ability in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in Sourcing, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and program management
- Experience in developing and implementing vendor qualification
- Knowledge of quality and business systems
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Report and Procedure writing with excellent presentation skills
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Ability to travel 75%
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.