Director, Airline Accounts
The Director of Airline Accounts is the all-around, end-to-end, go-to person that interfaces with Gogo’s airline partners. You’re Gogo’s voice within the airline, yet you have to also be the airline’s voice within Gogo. The ideal candidate knows how to negotiate tricky situations, ambiguous relationships, and curious personalities.
Like Gogo itself, you are a unique blend of airline, internet, retail and wireless technology. A potential candidate might have worked at an airline in program management, product, marketing or operational role, or at another firm in which you had experience handling airlines or aerospace companies. Another candidate profile would be someone with a knack for the web, an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to make deals happen, perhaps with a background in startups, management consulting or other related field. In all cases, you think like a business person and can balance the need for revenue-generation with executive level account management.
- This position is the interface between Gogo and the airline and manages a group of Account Managers that serve as the primary point of contact with airline partners on all “above the wing” integration elements, including the commercial relationship, marketing, expectation management, launch activities and above all else – generating revenue. This person will oversee the tactical interactions with the airline but also provide a strategic vision of where to drive the relationship;
- The Director of Airline Accounts will drive Gogo’s business with the airline partner by coordinating deliverables between the two organizations, searching out revenue opportunities, marketing vehicles and promotions that could drive top-line revenue. These items will be trafficked to other divisions within Gogo, that will execute and deliver projects and promotions back to the airline account manager for delivery to the airline;
- Results matter. And the presentation of results matter. You will report back to the airline partners about the success of projects, ongoing revenue and operational performance. You’re comfortable handling data and information and can quickly create slides that tell your story;
- You turn our partners into believers and persuade the airline to see Gogo’s POV. You understand the client’s needs beyond marketing and look deeper at the partnership they have with Gogo. You take a leadership role in strategy development and ensure that the strategy maps back to the airline partners’ (and Gogo’s) goals;
- Responsible for understanding operational needs of revenue-generating programs, both Gogo’s and specific airlines’, to effectively execute and troubleshoot;
- Use research tools and interpret marketing, customer care and operational data to develop comprehensive marketing plans and programs that generate desired business results;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are essential as well as the ability to present in front of groups including executive officers, colleagues, CEOs, and audiences that heckle;
- Must have experience handling contracts, working with attorneys and being thoughtful in negotiations;
- Extensive air travel is required, and at times may include evenings and weekends.
- Four plus years in a progressive account and sales development role, or similar strategy related position
- Bachelor's degree. MBA preferred.
Candidates with knowledge of the aircraft certification process, inflight entertainment or inflight connectivity are encouraged to apply.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.