The individual should be highly self-motivated, have strong communication skills, work well in team, be open to technical critique and have a strong desire to solve difficult problems openly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take a broader view across the entire Gogo system/solution to harmonize functionality and ensure all components work correctly together
- Ensure the solution can meet its requirements in a cost-effective way
- Use technical and industry knowledge to identify optimal functional breakdown and minimize interface issues
- Develop and maintain scalable, modular, portable software that is targeted to Embedded Linux solutions.
- Work with component experts across multiple scrum teams to ensure architecture is aligned and understood
- Work with the scrum teams and make sure the technical integrity of the system is intact
- Document the proposal by writing whitepapers, talks and formal requirements/designs that are changed controlled.
- Perform technical design reviews and code reviews and participate in system test reviews.
- Interface with the operations teams to understand the challenges to keep the business running.
- Lead pertinent vendor evaluation and analysis.
- Provide cross training and knowledge transfers
- Proven ability to understand complex systems comprised of communication, computing, and Internet technologies.
- Strong Web Service infrastructure knowledge and skills with the ability to learn and keep up with new tools and technologies quickly and efficiently.
- Should have experience working on both the enterprise level and with the embedded systems
- Experience with virtualization and containerization technologies
- Experience in designing Microservices and event-driven systems
- Experience defining APIs, services and building API-based solutions
- Broad experience with common Web protocols, languages, and Software Services such as TCP/IP, HTTP Services (e.g. NGINX), Virtualization/Containerization and open source aware.
- Understanding of modern web service to client/application technologies.
- Understanding of network infrastructures such as routers, gateways, load balancers, firewalls and deep packet inspection systems.
- Understanding of Stateful/Stateless Firewall and NAT solutions.
- Understanding of wireless communication systems and protocols such as CDMA/UMTS, WiFi and Satellite (GEO, LEO).
- Ability to work semi-independently to clarify requests, collect and process data from existing and new sources, and work with other groups to understand underlying issues, driving towards completion of stated goals, seeking information and guidance where required.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to work with other groups to understand their work processes and information sources and to aggregate, organize and present complex technical information
- Seasoned professional able to interact with people at all levels of the organization and with customers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate both on- and off-shore teams effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, yet cooperatively in a dynamic, matrixed environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, telecommunications, mathematics or related technical field required.
- Masters/ Ph.D. preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in a technical leadership position.
Minimum 10 years total technical experience in communications, computing, and/or web services role
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.