CONTRACT Automation Test Engineer-Networking
As a key member of the Gogo Business Aviation engineering team, the CONTRACT Automation Test Engineer - Networking will be responsible for quality assurance and testing of software associated with embedded Linux based data and telecommunications system products. The overall system involves proprietary software/hardware communicating via a wireless link through a satellite network to ground stations. You will be responsible for test case creation, test execution, and test automation development to verify the overall system including the application and embedded software as part of an Agile development team.
Gogo Business Aviation is committed to the development of full automation test tools and complete automated test environments as a necessity to our success. We are creating world class automated test environments and are looking for people that share our vision!
Do you want to work on the latest technology with people who are experts in their field and have fun working together?
COME ON BOARD THE GOGO BUSINESS AVIATION ENGINEERING TEAM!
How will you make a difference?
- Be involved and take a subject matter expert role in testing Linux platform software, especially regarding Linux networking.
- Verify, validate, and regression test software for features including: Linux networking, wireless telecommunications protocols including data communications, and device’s graphical user interface
- Create test plans, test scripts and test cases for product validation and bug fixes based on system requirements
- Review, update, and execute existing automated regression tests and analyze results
- Identify opportunities to introduce and implement test automation
- Identify and effectively troubleshoot software/network problems and implement appropriate corrections
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Software, Firmware, and/or System testing experience, including test planning, integration testing and system level testing (test cases, test environments, resources, and schedule), preferably in a data communications/telecommunications environment
- 6 month contract with the possibility to convert to a full-time employee pending performance and headcount approval
Required Skills and Talents
- Strong QA experience, particularly in automation scripting using Python and/or Linux scripting languages
- Fluency in at least one high-level, object-oriented, general-purpose programming language. Python and Java preferred
- Fluency in Unix shell scripting and development in Linux operating system environment
- TCP/IP network administration skills on a Linux platform
- Pride in estimating and driving projects to completion
- Experience delivering product and supporting product in the field
Preferred Skills and Talents
- Web GUI testing
- Experience with the Jenkins build environment
- Relevant software configuration management skills and tools experience using Git
- Knowledge of Linux container concepts, especially Docker related
- Linux server administration skills
- Avionics industry and DO-178 experience or knowledge
- Satellite communication experience
- Familiarity with a disciplined rapid software development process, preferably Agile
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.