Product Owner, Software Platform Capability Services
If the term ‘Platform as a Service’ makes you smile, if ‘Enterprise Partnerships’ pumps you up, then please read on…
Gogo is in a perpetual pursuit to build partnerships across airline and various external enterprises. The Product Owner of Software Platform Capability Services you will be creating a platform which helps external enterprises integrate seamlessly, and leverage plethora of services offered by Gogo will lead the prioritization and day-to-day activities of an agile software team enabling new services and features for Gogo’s In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) portfolio. This product enables the company to scale quickly across airline and other 3rd party partners. The Product Manager will drive technical platform integration to ensure a single global platform serving Gogo customers globally. As a Technical Product Manager on the Software Platform Capability product team, you will be, ensuring inflight e-commerce services work together seamlessly and integrate well with upstream and downstream services
To ensure Gogo’s continued strong growth, we are looking for a Product Owner of Software Platform Capabilities who can help us deliver impactful new products for our industry leading in-flight entertainment and connectivity platform. This Product Owner will have responsibility from concept to launch of E-Commerce and Airborne System Platform services as it relates to the passenger and airline experience. This role will include feature requirements, scope, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and go to market activities. This Product Owner will help drive revenue and profitability growth by delivering product platform capabilities via APIs and self-service tools for best-in-class passenger and airline experiences.
This Product Owner will help determine the right capabilities/features that will scale quickly across multiple airline and strategic partners. S/he will need to envision, evaluate and prioritize which break-through features to pursue with limited resources.
This role will work in close collaboration with colleagues in engineering, technology, user experience, sales, pricing, analytics, marketing and operations.
Specifically, This Product Owner will:
- Contribute innovative software features to product roadmap that improve passenger and airline experiences and reduce operational costs.
- Create and prioritize feature requirements, determine scope, track product development, demo and develop feature launch plans with your Agile team balancing near term market needs with longer term strategic needs
- Support market research efforts aimed at increasing customer satisfaction through optimization of product features
- Support creation of the business model including pricing and ROI analysis
- Continuously evaluate the platform and improve its usability, security, performance, and overall success
- Partner with internal & external teams to manage integration efforts domestically and internationally with airlines and other enterprise partners
- Lead sprint planning, review and stand-ups with the ScrumMaster to enable quick decision making and minimize blockers in execution
- Knowledge on various industry standard communication protocols to create standardized interfaces with enterprise partners (telecom, media, retail, etc.)
- Knowledge of software product development within a highly government regulated industry preferred (i.e. FAA, FCC, etc.)
- MBA preferred;
- Proven history (3+ years’) of success in software product management or software development
- Working knowledge of Agile Scrum and/or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience in API/SDK product development and go-to-market API strategy preferred
- Knowledge of software architecture (i.e. microservices) and coding best practices
- Proven expertise in product planning, development, launch and on-going management
- Knowledge on evaluating complex business terms for profitability
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively represent a multi-disciplined operation
Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively deal with external and internal customers.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.