Sr. Dynamics NAV Developer
The Senior Dynamics NAV Developer is required to analyze business processes and functional specifications provided by business users & NAV Functional Analysts in order to design and develop solutions that will improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the back-office operation at Gogo. You will develop and implement functional processes within the Dynamics NAV 2016 application for the Company.
· Providing on-going support of existing Dynamics NAV 2016 system including integrations to Third Party applications.
· Developing additional new custom functionality using standard NAV constructs of Tables, Reports, Pages, CodeUnits, and XMLPorts.
· Understanding of, and proficiency in, Microsoft Development platforms and languages including C/AL and RDL
· Strong understanding of the printing pipeline for Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
· Jet Reports design and Jet data warehouse management
· Collaborating with Business Analysts, NAV Functional Analysts, NAV Developers, NAV Systems Engineers and external contractors.
· Assessing Impact when migrating data to/from other systems, as well as mitigating damage from changing field and table specifications.
· Definition of security setting for objects, users and user groups to ensure segregation of duties and proper operation.
· Ensure NAV solutions functionally support business requirements while building performance-focused code.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by the IT Manager of ERP Systems.
· 10+ years of Dynamics NAV Development experience;
· Strong experience developing complex customizations, database optimization and SQL Reporting Services development, integration with Third Party Applications; Jet Reports design
· Strong problem solving and technical skills;
· Skilled at writing technical documentation; functional requirements, flowcharting, data mapping specifications;
· Proficiency with Event-based NAV programming
· Proficiency with .Net integration of NAV
· Experience merging code, such as implementing Dynamics NAV Cumulative Updates a plus.
Expert knowledge of NAV modules and functionality including:
· Dynamics NAV 2016 and Role Tailored Client Solution Development;
· Supply Chain;
· Warehouse Management
· Lanham’s EShip and EDI software;
· Insight Works (formerly DMS) Warehouse Management Solutions
· Torrential Data’s Datahaven Workflow and Document Management Solutions
· Financial Management, including Fixed Assets and Jobs would be a plus;
· To Increase Advanced Job Management would be a plus;
· Multiple company and/or Intercompany posting experience would be a plus
Other Skills and Experience:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Ability to interact with internal business stakeholders;
· Function well in an individual role and with a team;
· Must have high attention to details;
· Ability to prioritize tasks;
· Automated Unit Testing a plus;
· Dynamics NAV Extension Packages a plus;
· Development experience using the Agile Methodology a plus.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.