Development Tech Lead
- Primarily responsible for the Airborne System Software design and development.
- Responsible for evolving and scaling the platform for any WAN technologies (ATG/ ATG4/ Ku/ 2Ku/ etc.)
- Responsible for delivery of application technology solutions and data information planning efforts.
- Able to develop and maintain scalable, modular, fault-tolerant, and portable software for the Gogo Airborne Broadband System running on a target platform using Embedded Linux solutions.
- Perform technical design reviews, code reviews, unit test, and system test reviews.
- Define application scope and objectives and prepare the technical and/or design specifications from which software will be developed by a team of developers.
- Interface with the Systems Engineering & Architecture teams to understand and influence project requirements.
- Interface with the business teams to understand the services and revenue-generating plans.
- Interface with the operations teams to understand the challenges to keep the business running.
- Leads pertinent vendor evaluation and analysis.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related technology – advanced degree preferred.
- Hands-on experience of software development in an Embedded Linux environment and providing technical leadership of software teams.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience in the telecommunications and/or networking industry preferred.
- Strong communication skills including technical documentation, written reports and proposals, development and delivery of presentations and the ability to listen to and communicate effectively with customers and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to lead both on- and off-shore teams effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, yet cooperatively in a dynamic, matrixed environment.
- Strong experience and skill in Object Oriented Design and Implementation.
- Strong experience in Embedded Linux environments.
- Strong programming and debugging skills using either Java, C, C++, Python or Go
- Polyglot programming experience is preferred.
- Experience with creating and validating user interfaces
- Strong knowledge of IP networking protocols and technologies
- Experience with database and web technologies.
- Virtualization and containerization (VirtualBox, Docker, KVM) experience and Microservice architecture and event-driven system design experience would be a big plus
- Experience in Agile software development (story & sprint)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Test Automation methodology
- Knowledge of Service Measurements and Software System Performance would be a plus
- Experience with modern build environments such as Jenkins and Spinnaker would be a plus.
- Experience with releasing products to FAA-regulated market would be a plus
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.