OEM Field Service Representative
The primary function of the Field Service Representative (FSR) is to support Gogo’s airline customers installations going through the Airbus factory install process. The FSR working with Airbus personnel will ensure that all work performed is in accordance within agreed contractual terms and that aircraft are returned to service with fully functioning IFC at the earliest opportunity. The skill and knowledge level for this position must be technical competence with commercial aircraft systems, specifically electrical and avionics equipment troubleshooting and testing. The incumbent should expect to work on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment, initiative and technical / specialized knowledge to resolve problems and / or develop recommended solutions. The FSR will interface and work collectively with Gogo’s airline partners to ensure good communication and closure of any day-to-day concerns. The need to present information to customers and internal stakeholders will be frequent and must be delivered professionally.
· Achieve and maintain specific customer satisfaction goals as defined by Installation Sr Manger.
· Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
· Complete assigned tasks as required to meet schedule.
· Work collectively with the customer airline’s maintenance, engineering and planning teams to ensure all issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
· Support all technical aspects of Gogo systems installed on the customer fleet, including but not limited to preventative maintenance, fault isolation, troubleshooting, software loading, hardware replacement and fault rectification.
· Ensure that all the required maintenance and preventative maintenance is performed in accordance with agreed contractual terms and procedures.
· Provide a comprehensive level of reporting of all technical issues and resolution actions internally and externally and escalate issues as appropriate
· Review all relevant documentation including but not limited to AMM amendments, TSM’s FIM’s and SB’s to ensure the information is accurate and appropriate.
· Provide on-site guidance of the IFC to Airbus staff and airline personnel.
· Ensure all tooling and equipment required to maintain the IFC is available and up to date.
· Assist the EMEA Sr. Manager in the development of improved maintenance and preventative maintenance of the IFC.
· Provide technical and operational training to airline personnel as required
· Monitor and record the LRU repair workshop findings to help identify trends relating to both returns with no fault found and units failing with a similar cause. Use this information to justify and propose additional training or service information bulletins to better inform engineers. The OEM could also use this information for further follow-up and design improvements.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
· 3 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance including electrical and avionics installations on commercial aircraft.
· Must have a strong understanding of airline operations and legislation
· In-depth knowledge of the relevant technologies is preferred
· Ability to interpret all technical manuals and schematics including engineering orders supporting the installation and repair of the IFC system.
· Strong customer service skills and familiar with cultural etiquette – international experience required.
· Computer skills including Microsoft Office preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
· Ability to travel domestic and Internationally (extensive and frequently)
· Ability to travel for extended periods of time with short notice
· Ability to work holidays, weekends and all shifts based on airline schedules and available aircraft ground times
· Fluent spoken and written English Language
· Associated degree in related discipline preferred.
· Ability to pass all background checks for the purpose of on airport support badging
· Must be able to pass a continuous alcohol/drug program
· Speak German for the Hamburg position